x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What does the "minimal GWES" sysgen variable actually mean?

I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-11 1:07 AM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

Does that mean that there's also a "maximal GWES" variable? If I set the minimal GWES variable, what is going to be different compared to when I don't do it? Does anyone know?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-11 1:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Until someone else chimes in (because I don’t): I’d try:
Searching the forum “sysgen” keyword

Asking this question in xda they used to have a big gps scene. Maybe there’s a lurker who can assist.
 Top of the page
PhMajerus Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't have all the options in mind, it's been a long time, but here is what I remember:
Windows uses window messages for other purposes than GUI apps, it's also the foundation for calls queues of single-threaded apartment COM objects, and other pieces of code can use a message pump as a simple queueing system.
Windows CE could support headless devices, where the GUI and GDI infrastructure would just be a waste of ROM. But it needed to still support message-only windows for COM STA and other code using those.
So there was a minimal GWES that only supported message queues, but without any dependency or support for GUI features.

Edited by PhMajerus 2024-03-03 3:35 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26