x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New member from Germany

Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey guys,

My name is Dominik, I was developed 1981 and I'm still running. Made in Germany by only 2 people. Small company.
Well... started my digital period with a C64 and ended in a world where everything is so fast, short lived and weird developed. For changing a bulb in a car today you need a degree in astroohysics. Hm...

So, we are all the same here. Loving the old devices. Wondering if my kids will lately collect their samsung galaxy S20 in a showcase as a retro device... haha

however. I'm an electronics engineer by profession and I also run the Kilotec.de website, where I offer some conversions and repairs for the Sega Game Gear, Atari Portfolio and the HPs. There are also many accessories and software.

I started programming with the C64, but never really did it professionally. Nevertheless, I had brief insights into Delphi and Pascal. But I write my software in Basic or C. Some small apps from me for Windows CE will be presented here soon.

I hope for a lively exchange and take a look at my page. It's unfortunately only in German, but it also has pictures

Dominik
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 8:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I took a look at your programs! They are cool. I don't have any SH3/SH4 devices, but I'd love to try them out + purchase.

Welcome to the forum - we always appreciate new people!

What Windows CE device(s) do you have now?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 9:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to the site

What is your favourite legacy device?

Have you ever programmed in C++/Win32 or C++/MFC? You mentioned in your PM to me earlier that you code in .net, so hopefully you can explore the CE 2.11 Compact Framework and have a play with that too!

Oh and, FYI: You can fill in your forum profile, signature and complete the device census from "Your Settings" on the menu.

For anyone interested, you can see @Citgo apps in the SCL as of today via https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/search.asp?Search=Search&developer=tru... or head to kilotec.de.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you very much!

I own a HP Jornada 690 and believe me or not, I am using the device daily for work and leisure time.
I also own some Atari Portfolios and Psion Palmtops. Long time ago I had some Palm devices but I love Palmtops
Oh btw, I also developed programs for the Portfolio. Good old DOS

@C:Amie
Thanks...yeah I will update my profile tomorrow and keep working on the apps and the description.
Oh and...the StockManager is in english not german.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 9:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Description edited

So, have you coded in Win32 or MFC before?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-12 10:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Where can we purchase the program by the way?
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-01-13 3:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Welcome aboard. You're definitely in the right place!

I'm right there with you on the psions and using these devices in every day life.

You ever deal with Christoph Pulster? He's a pretty cool dude. Believe he's from somewhere south of Heidelberg and he's very active in the Psion community.

Edited by thenzero 2023-01-13 3:18 AM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-01-13 5:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes I heard of Christoph Pulster. But my Psions are only showcase ones. Never use them so often like the Jornada.

Well I didn't have a webshop currently. So for now you have to contact me via email for purchasing software. I know it's not the best way for now but... hey... it's retro.
in the past you had to send a postcard to get a full version. either with money in the envelope or with sufficient postage.
 Top of the page
cpuuu Page Icon Posted 2023-04-04 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the nice words about me, smile. I am happy to answer all questions about Psion any time. Great forum, great people here!

Christoph

Edited by cpuuu 2023-04-04 8:18 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-04 8:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Welcome to the forum! @Jake will be happy to see, he’s our Psion staff member!
It’s always great to share knowledge
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-04-04 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hello, Christoph! I bought a new Psion Netbook battery from you and before that, TextMaker for Zaurus. You and I go back a ways

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 31