x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 touchscreen possible issue?

1 2
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 2:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie- thank you for your help/guidance/advice. I decided to keep it and try to source a replacement screen/digitizer. The seller did refund a generous portion of the purchase price due to the fault in the touchscreen, which I will apply toward replacing the screen! I will let everyone know how it turns out

Btw- I love this thing! It's very different from my MobilePro- both have their pluses and minuses. It's also nice to have multiple CPU architectures to try different programs on!
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 5:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Follow up on this and maybe a question. I have noticed that there is actually some very subtle/slight touchscreen deformation at the place where the touchscreen is less responsive. I can see it very clearly if I hold the screen where there is a reflection of something straight and lined (like blinds). The deformation shows up as bending of the reflection of the lines around the damaged area. I'm not sure if this damage is the *cause* of the reduced responsiveness or a side effect from that area being pressed harder to make the touchscreen respond there. But, assuming for a moment that it is the cause, would your guess be separation or contact? It certainly appears to be an indentation. I've read that resistive touch screens that have indentations can sometimes be repaired by applying a low heat to the surface (as by a heat gun on a low setting), causing the plastic to lift...anyone have any success with such a thing on one of these?

Edited by thenzero 2023-02-10 5:11 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 4:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

thenzero - 2023-02-10 10:10 AM

Follow up on this and maybe a question. I have noticed that there is actually some very subtle/slight touchscreen deformation at the place where the touchscreen is less responsive. I can see it very clearly if I hold the screen where there is a reflection of something straight and lined (like blinds). The deformation shows up as bending of the reflection of the lines around the damaged area. I'm not sure if this damage is the *cause* of the reduced responsiveness or a side effect from that area being pressed harder to make the touchscreen respond there. But, assuming for a moment that it is the cause, would your guess be separation or contact? It certainly appears to be an indentation. I've read that resistive touch screens that have indentations can sometimes be repaired by applying a low heat to the surface (as by a heat gun on a low setting), causing the plastic to lift...anyone have any success with such a thing on one of these?

Try also reaching out on those handheld reddit groups, maybe someone also knows something there? Don't know if this helps
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8