x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

VB Visual Basic Program on x86

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-28 1:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

... and here is a test for ADO 3.1. If this and the VBCE 2.0 work, then PoQuick should launch.

NB: This is EN only, I'm not sure whether I need to include EN and xx lang or just xx lang for non-EN. If someone wants to test for me, let me know.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-28 4:13 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

It's "not a valid Windows CE setup file" for some reason :/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-28 4:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The pocket outlook one too?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-28 4:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Here is ADOCE again. It's possible I told it that it was for CE 2.0 and up but that it wasn't allowed to install on H/PC 2.0.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-28 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2023-01-28 4:46 PM

Here is ADOCE again. It's possible I told it that it was for CE 2.0 and up but that it wasn't allowed to install on H/PC 2.0.

It's giving me the same error again unfortunately.. I tried the Pocket Outlook one too and it's telling me that it can't run on my device type
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-29 2:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2023-01-28 6:19 AM

Here is a test version of the Pocket Outlook API. If it works, then it might let you use Pocket Outlook on a device that doesn't have it (or a third party app like CE Agenda that relies on their stores) (perhaps Pocket Outlook from the 2.11 emulator?)

Successfully installs. Pocket On-Schedule doesn't work still C:Amie, I dunk for bananas: if you extract the cab, it looks like another dll file is installed at the root level of the device. I even tried that but no change.
Question 1: Is there a way to test this cab an alternative way to see if it at least works? On Schedule notwithstanding?
C:Amie - 2023-01-28 2:20 AM
No .vb files have working icons even though 65% of the apps work?

Can you check the program files folder for me? Make sure there are no misplaced files or folders. Same with Windows, look for odd VBCE folders that shouldn't exist.

Part 1: Correct
Part 2: Wasn't sure exactly what you wanted to I attached the screenshots .zip to this post for everything you possibly wanted except the ramdisk program files folder (that folder was huge, and didn't appear to have anything VB related anyway
C:Amie - 2023-01-28 3:47 AM

I have been through the reg file for the working icon (6) and the reg file for the working .vb with no icon (we'll call that 7). The only difference is that 6's DLL's are in the registry in upper case and 7's are in lower case. As Windows is case insensitive, it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The two attached are the same again a re-gen of the CAB with the file order changed that didn't work, auto regsrv. The manual one is the manual registration with manual icon registration this time.

Cab 1: quickly disappears after execution is attempted, nothing installed (thinking some silent compatibility check that failed)
Cab 2: Same behavior as the "YASSS GAGA" cab, VB programs working (But NOT Advanced Timer) but no icon associated. Attached is regdump (named cab2)
C:Amie - 2023-01-28 3:50 AM

These two are exactly the same as above, but are made using the v2.2 of Microsoft's cab zipper tool instead of version 4.5.

Note that there is a size difference!

Cab 3: Installs successfully, but doesn't associate VB programs. Attached is regdump (named cab3)
Cab 4: Same behavior as the "YASSS GAGA" cab, VB programs working (But NOT Advanced Timer) but no icon associated. Attached is regdump (named cab4)

C:Amie - 2023-01-28 9:46 AM

Just quickly disappears upon execution attempt

Question 2: By the way, we don't need to keep going at this if the only problem is the icon. That's such a minor issue and could even be specific to my device? Who knows?

Edited by torch 2023-01-29 4:46 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-29 11:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2023-01-28 9:51 PM

C:Amie - 2023-01-28 4:46 PM

It's giving me the same error again unfortunately.. I tried the Pocket Outlook one too and it's telling me that it can't run on my device type
o...kay... so I think we've ascertained that v2.2 of the cab zipper doesn't work at all then.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-29 11:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've put CABMaker back to using v4.5

Pocket Outlook API: CE Geek confirmed that PoS doesn't use this. You need the ADO CAB for PoS. The Outlook one was to let you see if it installed the PIM databases and lets you use Pocket Outlook. The only was the Outlook API CAB can be tested is on a device that doesn't have the Outlook API.

Testing: All I can do it drop them in the 2.11 emulator. The icon shows there. I cannot run anything though because the emulator is 2.11 and these dll's are 3.0 (or because the DLL's are x86 and not x86emu [or both]).

Cab 1: quickly disappears: I'm starting to think that the order of DLL's might matter. Having the pvbhost2.dll in first doesn't work for some reason and currently my best theory is that it wants another dll registered first.

Icon: Perhaps IDFB will test?
After installing the working vbce2 cab. If you open cmd and open a task manager. Can you crash explorer.exe in the task manager. Then open explorer.exe again using the command prompt and check if the icon is still broken? That would eliminate it being a redraw glitch.

It is weird to me that your device ships with an aygshell.dll

I can't see finance.dll in your screenshots, but I think you just missed it there scrolling down to screenshot it. Other than that, there isn't any sign of orphaned files in the file system from all the testing.

Next test, please try the attached. Try any known .vb that has worked before and also please try some .pvb's (VBCE 1.0's)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 1:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Doesn't work. Just quickly disappears
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 8:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh for flips sake

I've got version 2.0 and 3.1 of the cab zipper tool. I'll swap in v3.1. I'm at a loss currently to why it's corrupting Cabs.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 10:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried it too and it just tells me it's an invalid setup file. I'm sorry
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 7:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also crashing explorer exe and restarting it restores the VB icons.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-01 11:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

torch - 2023-01-30 7:05 PM

Also crashing explorer exe and restarting it restores the VB icons.
Ah, so it was a local issue. Well thank heavens!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-01 11:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have forgotten where we go to on this, so this I think is repeating the CAB that you previously said wouldn't launch. It's made with v4.5.

I've checked the file hash's and they are both identical
96F6FDD46C8526F51FA064C4801F02F7F252208585E21A6876D0D922D686200B

So they have not corrupted during download. They are also both opening on Windows 10 fine.

As before, please try known working .vb's (no ADO) and some .pvb's.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-01 3:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Still disappears upon launching. As do my PHM Regedit and ScummVM0.9.1 cabs I tried making too
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8