x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DIY Dockingstation HP Jornada

1 2
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-01-16 3:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes your are right. But I bought a Jornada without the DS and I don't want to buy one only for the DS
Or I should buy one and sell my single Jornada...hmmm....

I have never seen this spring contacts as a single product.
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2023-01-16 4:51 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

One can never have enough Jornadas
Don't you need one for a Linux-Project? Or for some experiments with hardware mods? *ggg*

For the contacts, just pick some:
https://www.feinmetall.com/applications/pcb-contacting/
https://www.chinapogopinsupplier.com/de/products/electrical-spring-c...

I think they are available at RScomponents or Reichelt, too.

But:
https://www.amazon.de/P75-E2-Kegelkopf-1-02mm-Prüfspitze-Testing/dp/...

Stefan

Top of the page
null1024 Page Icon Posted 2023-01-16 8:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm so happy for that pinout! I had few hopes of getting a serial cable hooked up to my 680. Dunno when I'll get around to trying to wire something up, but at least it's now a real possibility.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-01-17 6:07 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It would be much easier if the serial connector would be like the LX ones, with in header.
And like I said, I didn't want to disassemble the Jornada now.

I will take a picture later of the pinheader on my "Docking station" that you can see how to bend the pins in order to get the Jornada fits on it.
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-13 7:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Citgo - 2023-01-14 12:30 PM

Here is the pinout of the docking station:

Ehm, remember, this is the pinout of the 680/690 model.
The 720 got also USB there.
But as you can see, you only need 3 connections for RS232 and 2 for the Power plug

Thank you so much for this pinout! I have a 3D printer so I'm thinking about 3D printing my own dock for my newly acquired 690 using this pinout, stylus holder and all Got some serial components coming in the mail today. Once it's here, I can start designing the file. If it works out well, I'll share print file with the forum ^_^ Ppl without these printers can still order it from online printing service for pretty cheap as an option I'll also look into maybe figuring out that serial port out back of the jornada for a simpler option.

Edited by WillowDeaf 2023-08-13 8:08 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-08-13 9:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@WillowDeaf that is a really cool idea, I'd love to see some photos of how it turns out!
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-13 10:02 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Oh I intend to share pics of these thing! I'm actually working on making a plug that'll fit the serial port in the back for now. Gonna be interesting to figure out the best way to make actual contact with these pins Hopefully it won't be too fiddly and it'll be easy enough for general hobbyists to assemble.

I'll be doing the dock design later on. The plug is more mainly a test of how the serial communication works and doesn't take up much material to actually print compared to the dock (and I can rapid prototype the plug as it's only a 15 minutes print each iterations). If it ends up working very well, I'll be open to trying to make similar designs for other devices if I can get access to these devices haha. The 3D printer is a new purchase and I'm absolutely loving how much it opens thing up with making custom designed components to fit things in and whatnot.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-08-14 8:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What 3D Printer have you purchased, out of curiosity?
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-14 11:09 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Grabbed an Ender 3 v2 Neo on a sale Been printing nearly 24/7 tbh XD Seems okay for beginners as long as they are aware that there's quite a few of very similar printers from the same companies so try not to mix components up and whatnot. Currently printing (all at the same time) a wall bracket for my Meta Quest 2, a camera mount for the 3D printer, cover for the lcd screen so it won't light up the room overnight, and some clips for the leveling knobs to prevent it from slipping. The program calculated that the cost of material for all of these is only like $1.50. Much better than the cost of the wall bracket I could find on amazon. I love this little thing!

Regarding the jornada serial project, I'm putting the rear plug on hold as I'm finding it's probably a lot easier for me to design a clip for the underside serial port. I actually already have the wires and serial port for the pc side of thing all ready actually. Just need to design a clip to hold the wires in the proper spots under there.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2024-02-12 5:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey guys,
after one year of not using my DIY cradle because I sold my Jornada, I bought a "new" Jornada 690 and a cradle last month.
Now I built a RS232 cable to test it.

So, forget my last posts with the schematic. It is more difficult as I thought.
First of all, there are differences with the cradle of the 680, 690 and 720 Jornada.
AND, if you want to set up a connection with the PC you HAVE to connect all 8 pins of the DSUB9 plug. It is not enough to only use Rxd, Txd and GND.
Normally it would be enough for a regular RS232 connection, but here we need ActiveSync to communicate and so we need also connections for incoming data, receiving permisson and so on.

I built a 8pin header into my cradle and found the connections on the 10pin HP socket for syncronization with the PC.
So now I was able to built a sync cable by my own.

Give me some time... I will upload a photo soon
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2024-02-12 6:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

On the pic you see my 8pin header. You only need 7 pins, so I put some solder on one pin in order to prevent short circuits while plug in the connector.
As you can see, the pin 1 and 6 of the DSUB9 connector is connected to pin 4 of the 10pin header in the cradle. So if you bridge pin 1 and 6 in the DSUB connector you can save one cable to do the Reverse polarity protection.

The connections is as follows:

DSUB9 10pin header in cradle
5............................6 and 10

EDIT: can't attach an image!

Edited by Citgo 2024-02-12 6:03 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12