x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Kilotecs Software Corner

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-01-17 11:59 AM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

vbsen.dll is indeed missing! Where could I get that for x86?

Edited by I dunk for bananas 2024-01-17 12:00 PM
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-01-17 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Alright, I found a vbsen.dll for x86em (which I don't know will work on hardware), and tried to regsvrce it. It says that it was loaded, but no entry point was found. The program still crashes with the same exception as before
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-17 1:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

From memory, vbsen.dll is vbscript English I think and it is the language translation file, you might have vbsde.dll perhaps? My memory is also firing the idea that it may not have a registration entry point.

It's going to have to be one for Citigo to troubleshoot I'm afraid, unless he's willing to share the source code. Without that or an active debugger (or even a stack trace), there's not much that can be done here other than perhaps trying the CE 2.11 VBCE runtime for x86em in full (I don't think it will work).

All I can tell you is that the error is a stack overflow at memory address 66,911,577. The most common reason for that is the presence of a recursive function loop that cannot exit. functionA called functionB which calls functionC which calls functionA and repeat ad infinitum.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-01-17 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2024-01-17 1:21 PM

From memory, vbsen.dll is vbscript English I think and it is the language translation file, you might have vbsde.dll perhaps? My memory is also firing the idea that it may not have a registration entry point.

It's going to have to be one for Citigo to troubleshoot I'm afraid, unless he's willing to share the source code. Without that or an active debugger (or even a stack trace), there's not much that can be done here other than perhaps trying the CE 2.11 VBCE runtime for x86em in full (I don't think it will work).

All I can tell you is that the error is a stack overflow at memory address 66,911,577. The most common reason for that is the presence of a recursive function loop that cannot exit. functionA called functionB which calls functionC which calls functionA and repeat ad infinitum.

I looked a bit further and found mentions of vbsen.dll only being required below CE3
But yeah, maybe Citgo can take a look if he has the time to
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-17 2:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2024-01-17 1:39 PM

C:Amie - 2024-01-17 1:21 PM

I looked a bit further and found mentions of vbsen.dll only being required below CE3
But yeah, maybe Citgo can take a look if he has the time to
That's right, it's the 2.11 runtime set - but the other CPU cab's include the 2.11 runtime set, not the 3.0 set.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2024-01-18 4:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I always wondered what vbsen.dll is for. I've always been able to run .vb apps fine without it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-18 7:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a tiny DLL with a strings table. If you look at it, it's a large list of error messages.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-01-18 3:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I can't think of what the program could be doing to cause that strange crash, I can view the same flash cards in edit mode just fine, it's just whatever it does when trying to actually study them that causes the crash
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-18 3:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’ll try it on my CE6 x86 and report back. So basically to repeat the same error do the study mode after?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 26