x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Kilotecs Software Corner

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 2:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sounds good re: programs
LOL I taught you how to make them on your Jornada so you could submit them to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. But, I added them for now, but next time, it's your turn
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 4:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok ok ok ok... I thought you forgot again.
You're right, I didn't even think about it. Next time I'll provide the pictures.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 4:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I didn't forget, I usually try to submit them to the SCL as soon as I can, then I later add compatibility info/screenshots, which in this case I did on all three of my devices.

I didn't test the cab installer, but I didn't add your cabs yet directly until I was able to ask (the host installer zip is there, which also does have the .cabs anyway)
Does your cab install the font files to /Windows or only the Visual Basic runtime files?

Edited by torch 2023-02-03 4:15 PM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 5:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I actually meant that you might have forgotten that I should take the screenshots

So on the one hand the fonts are in the .zip file. On the other hand, the setup installs the fonts in the Windows directory. But I think you have to manually copy the fonts to Windows\Fonts.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 5:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry about that. I misunderstood!!

Sounds good. I wonder if you can make a cab that copies the fonts to the \Windows. By the way, the fonts look really good. I’m happy with how the different color options look.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 6:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you.
The LCD font with red color looks like a retro digital alarm clock.

You can add files to your project like pictures, soundfiles, etc. And you can choose if the installer handle them as system files. So they will be moved in the Windows folder.
But it is very very limitated. I cant choose any folder where to install. So you have to copy the fonts by yourself.
I have to find some time in order to develop with VB6 or .Net and their features which are better than VB3 or eVB
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Citgo - 2023-02-03 5:39 PM

I actually meant that you might have forgotten that I should take the screenshots

So on the one hand the fonts are in the .zip file. On the other hand, the setup installs the fonts in the Windows directory. But I think you have to manually copy the fonts to Windows\Fonts.
I want to ask you if you'll have a go at making your CAB's with CAB Maker and exclude the VBCE runtime files - that way they'll work on any device and your CAB's will be independent of architecture (and smaller).

You've probably seen that we've been working on making a universal framework runtime in other threads.

You're releasing for CE 2.11 ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4

Yet we have compatible runtimes for
CE 2.11 - ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4, x86em
CE 3.00+ - ARM, MIPS, Thumb, x86

You could just link to the runtime or deploy the runtime CAB's separately:
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1982/Microsoft_Corporation/Visual_Basic_CE_2.0_Runtime
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2023-02-03 12:01 PM
I want to ask you if you'll have a go at making your CAB's with CAB Maker and exclude the VBCE runtime files - that way they'll work on any device and your CAB's will be independent of architecture (and smaller).

You've probably seen that we've been working on making a universal framework runtime in other threads.

You're releasing for CE 2.11 ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4

Yet we have compatible runtimes for
CE 2.11 - ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4, x86em
CE 3.00+ - ARM, MIPS, Thumb, x86

Also, on that note, his setup files, the user must click no to install the runtimes if their device isn't running CE2.11. This creates a problem with conflicting dlls that can only be reliably solved with a hard-reset
And--what is thumb exactly?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thumb is an extended (newer-ish) version of StrongARM that has a 32-bit control architecture on a 32-bit data bus. SA1110 is a 16-bit control on 32-bit data. It's a slightly less RISC CPU compared to the SA1110 but the extended code set allows it to be a bit more efficient in some areas.

The ARM720 is a Thumb CPU.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thanks for the explanation, but that is so confusing now. lol
Like, I get it, but it just makes CE even more complex!
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah I read the thread.
I will give it a try...later... of course, would be great to have also x86 and so on.
I need to read it up and test it again. I also know that I would have so many more opportunities... but everything with time.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 7:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Citgo - 2023-02-03 12:16 PM

Yeah I read the thread.
I will give it a try...later... of course, would be great to have also x86 and so on.
I need to read it up and test it again. I also know that I would have so many more opportunities... but everything with time.

Of course, we appreciate all that you do. This is just icing on the cake!

At least, it's good to know all of your programs do work on x86 (once I extract the cab)
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-04 9:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you
Yes that is really good to know that they run on x86.
What exactly do u have to do that they work?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-04 1:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Generate an installer CAB without the runtime DLL's and direct the user to install the VBCE 2.0 runtime as a system requirement.
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1982/Microsoft_Corporation/Visual_Basic_CE_2.0_Runtime
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 3:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Btw... a short question: why should I use screenshots from the physical device instead of screenshots from the emulator?
Because of the right dimensions?

Next app is in progress
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8