x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Kilotecs Software Corner

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 4:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh oh oh... got a problem.

my new app would not start on my Jornada. It ran fine on the emulator. On the Jornada there was an hourglass of death.
Suddenly not a single program that was programmed with eVB worked anymore.
Throw everything down and reinstall the individual apps. But nothing can be started anymore.
Constantly the message: There is no program assigned to this file.
So I shot myself something. It is no longer possible to start a program that was installed via .CAB.
The CAB file provides everything that is necessary at runtime. I do not understand that.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 5:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You need to hard reset the device / delete all data once you backed up what you needed.

-Your software includes the runtimes for CE2.11 only. You can’t install it on a different version or it will break and not work.

Do this:
-Hard reset
-install this “hpc2000” arm version from here https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1982/Microsoft_Corporation/Visual_Basi...
-install your cabs but DO NOT let it install the runtime
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 5:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The problem is: all my apps work fine.
Today I installed a new one to test it, as I have already done umpteen times. Only this time the app just won't start, it gets stuck with the hourglass. After a soft reset, the other apps no longer work either. Only when I install a new one again does everything work again. Until I just launch my newest app, Hourglass of Death and everything falls apart. Something is wrong with the new app, although I haven't done anything else with it. I also never reinstall the runtimes. I said yes: everything has always worked. To date with the new app
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 5:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Email me that one and I’ll try on my three devices.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Or...don't use your .cab file, try executing the "raw" .vb file and see if that works instead?
That's how I have to execute your programs on x86
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

First I thought it freezes because of some savesetting routines in the registry. But I cut all out.
It is really frustrating. I don't know how to fix this issure.
I will send u the CAB...
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You have mail torch.

As I wrote you in that mail: I haven't changed anything. Built the CAB like the other apps. Installed the app like the other ones but than everything collapsed.
The VB icons of my apps are gone. After installing one of the apps again everything works fine 'til I start the problem app again.

Edit: on the emulator, everything works fine

Edited by Citgo 2023-02-06 6:38 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

There's something different about this .vb. I didn't do full testing on my other devices, but it doesn't work on my x86 device.
I get an error about pvbload.exe
Maybe you need the ADO runtime installed?

Edited by torch 2023-02-06 6:42 PM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The funny thing is: I just copied the folder of another finished app and rewrote this app. So, nothing changed or made new. And no matter how many times I recreate the CAB file, this error every time.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, do this:
Hard reset the device. install the runtime I linked earlier. then check your email and just copy the zip file I made to the device and just try to run the plain .vb file and let me know what happens.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

*crrryyyy* hard reset?
I have no chance to backup my PIM stuff. Or can I access these tasks, calendar, contacts, etc. files in order to copy them to my CF??
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Even if that work what would that mean for future projects? I mean...the user should only install tha CAB instead of copy here, copy there...you know what I mean?
So there must be another solution because all other stuff works fine. Argh...I dont know
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:56 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay do this instead.
Don't hard reset
-Reinstall that runtime I linked
-Soft reset
-Try a VB program that you know works
-^If it works, then try the extracted zip file I made for you
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Citgo - 2023-02-06 11:56 AM

Even if that work what would that mean for future projects? I mean...the user should only install tha CAB instead of copy here, copy there...you know what I mean?
So there must be another solution because all other stuff works fine. Argh...I dont know

I know that, I want to figure out what is wrong with this new program and then we can go back and figure out how to fix up the cabs
There is something different about this one
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 7:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok...first of all, I'm enjoying my bath now
Then I will have a look. Shhh: I cant download right now from the SCL. But I will subscribe the next days...

Then, maybe tomorrow (it is couch+wife+tv time in Germany right now) I will make a new, almost empty app and see what happens when I install it. If everything works then I will have a deeper look to my new app. But... there was one time today where the app runs on my Jornada.
And I thought that the problem was solved. So... I guess starting the app kills my runtimes
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 21 - Executed queries : 61