x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket On Schedule not working on CE 5

1 2 3 4
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-24 7:36 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

It's telling me it needs imgdecmp.dll and zlib.dll which makes sense, sadly I only have those for x86. I could make them later
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-24 10:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I was randomly looking for new programs for the SCL and found something about a vb program - unrelated to you but maybe this can help point in right direction
TrackSat/CE - Updates & other information

This page lists information on the latest version, as well as any infomation on known bugs etc.
Latest version: v2.20 release early August 2002

This is available from the download page as complete installation package only.

Existing users will need to uninstall their existing version prior to installing the new version.

(read the Readme.txt file included in the .zip package for full instructions!)

***** Known Bugs******

problem with PPC2002 devices.

There is a known issue with the implementation of the Pocket Outlook Object model (POOM) running under eVB on PPC2002. There is now a fix from Microsoft for this problem, (as well as several other bugs)and updates to the PPC2002 OS are now available for download. The version for the IPAQ is available here Since all PPC2002 devices use the same processor, in theory you should be able to download this update for any PPC2002 device, however I suggest that you check on the website of your device manufacturer first.

Also:

When the decimal delimiter is set to other than a "." (ie as in the European preference for a "," the program refuses to start.
Interim solution is to got to regional settings on the PPC , and set the decimal delimiter to "."
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 1:36 AM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2023-01-24 10:27 PM

I was randomly looking for new programs for the SCL and found something about a vb program - unrelated to you but maybe this can help point in right direction
TrackSat/CE - Updates & other information

This page lists information on the latest version, as well as any infomation on known bugs etc.
Latest version: v2.20 release early August 2002

This is available from the download page as complete installation package only.

Existing users will need to uninstall their existing version prior to installing the new version.

(read the Readme.txt file included in the .zip package for full instructions!)

***** Known Bugs******

problem with PPC2002 devices.

There is a known issue with the implementation of the Pocket Outlook Object model (POOM) running under eVB on PPC2002. There is now a fix from Microsoft for this problem, (as well as several other bugs)and updates to the PPC2002 OS are now available for download. The version for the IPAQ is available here Since all PPC2002 devices use the same processor, in theory you should be able to download this update for any PPC2002 device, however I suggest that you check on the website of your device manufacturer first.

Also:

When the decimal delimiter is set to other than a "." (ie as in the European preference for a "," the program refuses to start.
Interim solution is to got to regional settings on the PPC , and set the decimal delimiter to "."

I feel like the problem with my device is mostly that the POOM is missing entirely Does Pocket On Schedule run on your device?
I looked further and I think it's pimstore.dll that we need. It doesn't appear to be part of CE 5 sadly.
edit: I found it in my PB4 install!
edit: It still doesn't work. I'm going to check if it has anything to do with the SQL server

Edited by I dunk for bananas 2023-01-25 2:12 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 1:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No. Pocket On Schedule doesn't work on mine..

Attach me your pimstore.dll x86 file and I'll test it! aha
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 2:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you try regsvrce to register the dlls? It looks like a lot of dlls are installed in that cab file
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Tried it with all the pim* DLLs and even installed the SQL server, but it's just the same error. I'm giving up for now at least
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2023-01-25 2:00 AM

Did you try regsvrce to register the dlls? It looks like a lot of dlls are installed in that cab file

Yes, it looks like only two of the ADO DLLs register and the rest aren't meant to be registered, but nothing changed
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 2:16 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Can you try this after you got all of the dlls loaded? Last thought I had
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 10:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've never seen a call for zlib.dll from Pocket On-Schedule. AFAIK, it just needs imgdecmp.dll and htmlview.dll (in addition to the DLLs it installs and registers itself, including the ADOCE DLLs), though my massive CE device collection includes exactly zero x86 devices, so I've only tried ARM and MIPS versions. What happens when you try to run it?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2023-01-25 10:17 AM

I've never seen a call for zlib.dll from Pocket On-Schedule. AFAIK, it just needs imgdecmp.dll and htmlview.dll (in addition to the DLLs it installs and registers itself, including the ADOCE DLLs), though my massive CE device collection includes exactly zero x86 devices, so I've only tried ARM and MIPS versions. What happens when you try to run it?

zlib.dll is a dependency of imgdecmp.dll, sorry for the confusion!

(error1.jpg)

(error2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments error1.jpg (41KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments error2.jpg (52KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 1:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

And this is the error I get when I attempt to register the ADO DLLs and the SQL server DLLs (that don't seem to have made any difference):

(error3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments error3.jpg (43KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 3:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

0x80040154 is the win32 status code for class not registered. You're either still missing a DLL, or the DLL needs to be regsrv'd.

NB: It doesn't necessarily have to be a database DLL, it could be a fluke as it searches the import list for something else and crashes after mounting the database.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 3:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie I wonder if it’s the second one because my x86 device is funky sometimes with databases too
Like that poquick pbce program it never loads past when it I assume it creates its database (it gets stuck at 70%)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 3:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you look at the system databases on the x86 and compare them to the ones on your 790, are the standard Outlook databases there?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

My x86 device doesn't seem to have any databases at all, or anything Outlook related for that matter
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.308 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 11