x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket On Schedule not working on CE 5

1 2 3 4
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 5:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The as I said way back, you probably need to get POOM installed first. There probably aren't any x86 database explorers in the SCL, but worth a look as that will confirm if it is the case.

Hopefully the entire database engine isn't missing as you'll have to obtain that from Platform Builder.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 5:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 6:36 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

Thank you! It does seem to have a couple DBs, it lists DB_notify_queue, RecycleData and DB_notify_events
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 6:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Can you install it on your ce6 arm device and compare both databases?
See what’s exactly missing ?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 7:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I can't run it on my CE6 device since I don't have imgdecmp.dll and zlib.dll for ARM I'll have to get PB4 again to get those two
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 7:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What about ce5 MIPS?
Also for the ce6 dlls did you try cmonex’s website?
She had a million different ce4 arm dlls on it. I’m sure she’ll have it there
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 7:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So as said, POOM is missing, which could be the cause of the non-functional app; not that I know what databases it uses.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-25 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've been trying to derive it from PB5, though sadly I have no idea what files and registry entities constitute the POOM. There doesn't seem to be much info on that specifically
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 12:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pocket On-Schedule doesn't draw data from the POOM databases, C:Amie. It creates its own database using the included file OnSched.cdb. That's why the ADOCE DLLs are required.

That first error means it can't find the required ADOCE DLLs to access the database in OnSched.cdb. Sometimes it doesn't fully register the DLLs during installation when the system is short on memory. Try increasing storage memory in the System applet in the Control Panel, and then reinstall. Another thing to note: you can get away with putting all the DLLs it installs in the same folder with the app, with two exceptions: adoce31.dll and adocedb31.dll must be in \Windows. (The CAB installs all the DLLs into \Windows by default, though, regardless of where you tell it to install the app, so you have to move them manually anyway.) Actually, even adoce31.dll can be moved to the same folder with the app if you then manually register it at that location.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 2:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Can you repeat all of these steps on your CE5 MIPS devices if you haven’t already?
Maybe if you can get it working on the MIPS one we can figure out what you need to fix the x86 one?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 11:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2023-01-26 12:33 AM

Pocket On-Schedule doesn't draw data from the POOM databases, C:Amie. It creates its own database using the included file OnSched.cdb. That's why the ADOCE DLLs are required.

Well there you go. I've said at least twice that I didn't know if they were dependent so...
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 12:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

That first error means it can't find the required ADOCE DLLs to access the database in OnSched.cdb. Sometimes it doesn't fully register the DLLs during installation when the system is short on memory. Try increasing storage memory in the System applet in the Control Panel, and then reinstall. Another thing to note: you can get away with putting all the DLLs it installs in the same folder with the app, with two exceptions: adoce31.dll and adocedb31.dll must be in \Windows. (The CAB installs all the DLLs into \Windows by default, though, regardless of where you tell it to install the app, so you have to move them manually anyway.) Actually, even adoce31.dll can be moved to the same folder with the app if you then manually register it at that location.

Thank you! I copied those two to \Windows and registered them. Now when I run it I'm getting a new error, it's complaining that a resource DLL named MSDAERDE.DLL is missing from \Windows. This appears to be German-specific, as the system language is German. POS comes with MSDAEREN.DLL, but I'm not sure where I'd get the German version of that

Edit: I've changed the localization to English, which made the German resource DLL thing disappear. I've registered all DLLs that support being registered, and copied them to \Windows. Now it's telling me "The operating system on your device does not support all features. All features are supported in Windows CE for the Handheld PC version 3.0 or greater.\n"

Edited by I dunk for bananas 2023-01-26 12:11 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 1:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2023-01-26 12:01 PM

Thank you! I copied those two to \Windows and registered them. Now when I run it I'm getting a new error, it's complaining that a resource DLL named MSDAERDE.DLL is missing from \Windows. This appears to be German-specific, as the system language is German. POS comes with MSDAEREN.DLL, but I'm not sure where I'd get the German version of that

Edit: I've changed the localization to English, which made the German resource DLL thing disappear. I've registered all DLLs that support being registered, and copied them to \Windows. Now it's telling me "The operating system on your device does not support all features. All features are supported in Windows CE for the Handheld PC version 3.0 or greater.\n"

Was it the case that before when you regsrv'd them that they weren't in \Windows? Otherwise I'm confused as to why when you previously registered them that you made no progress.

MSDAEREN.dll is part of ADO, it is the OLE Error handler I believe - Microsoft Data Access Error English. You want MSDAERDE.dll for German
Which I have attached temporarily.

After we have got the CEVB runtimes sorted, I'll do one for ADO.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2023-01-26 1:22 PM

Was it the case that before when you regsrv'd them that they weren't in \Windows? Otherwise I'm confused as to why when you previously registered them that you made no progress.

MSDAEREN.dll is part of ADO, it is the OLE Error handler I believe - Microsoft Data Access Error English. You want MSDAERDE.dll for German
Which I have attached temporarily.

After we have got the CEVB runtimes sorted, I'll do one for ADO.

I was doing the exact same thing previously, only difference being that the files weren't in \Windows
Thank you for the DLL! I shall try it out in a moment
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-26 1:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah, well, runtimes should always be put in Windows (just as on big windows they got in \windows\system32) as they have static path search orders to the Windows folder for certain things (like registration).

Like I say, I'll try and do one for ADO and one for POOM. That way you can install Pocket Office/Outlook.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8