x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Socket Ethernet CF Card MobilePro Options

torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 5:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, I've now had two NE2000 Ethernet Cards not work with the MobilePro 900 (either on CE3.0 or 4.2), which leads me to believe there's something wonky with the built in driver that I can't override.

Anyway, I found a few ethernet cards, and I don't mind paying more if it just works, because it's been annoying to keep fail. Thus, I'm staying away from further NE2000 chips.
TLDR: Options 5 or 6 seem the most safe even if I hate non dongle cards

Option 1: Socket 8510-00093C
*Doesn't seem to officially be in the HCL, but probably uses the same driver as the existing listings / I prefer dongle based cards as they fit flush

Option 2: ; Option 3: ; Option 4:
*Don't seem to officially be in the HCL either, but are the same model name as this, so maybe the likelihood of success is higher than option 1

Option 5: I'm leaning towards this even though it's annoying and bulky, because it exactly matches an HCL listing here

Option 6: ^Seems to appear to look the same as option 5, even if the model numbers are different, so it may be a safe risk to save $10 USD to try it

Edited by torch 2023-01-30 5:22 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 7:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Isn't it going to be annoying have the CF ethernet card sticking out the front?
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 7:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

...or are you planning to use them with a CF->PC adapter?
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 8:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

FWIW, torch, I have option 5....had it for years...always worked with all my handhelds....

Just tested it recently in my MP790, but while running NetBSD....worked fine....

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 8:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

^thenzero I don’t know if these are type I or type II but as much of a pain that is , it’s even more of a pain to create a hotspot or make my wifi have worse encryption for my MobilePro 900 to connect.

^thanks Archimark! I zoomed into option 6 and figured out it has the same model code as option 5 and is cheaper! So I bought 6 using the hpcfactor link
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 11:09 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Cool, I hope it works out
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-03 4:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you! It came and it did work out! Worked very fast/smooth with CE4.2. Immediately popped up. Super happy
It also is a type I card so it did indeed work with my PC Card-> CF adapter
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10