x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Setting up the .NET CF on a device with volatile memory

I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 6:18 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

I'm trying to get the .NET CF (3.5) installed on my CEPC, which has persistent storage, but the \Windows directory and the registry are always cleared after a reboot. Via regimp I can import any registry entry on startup automatically.

The question is: What are all the registry entries needed for the .NET CF, and how can I set it up in a way that it's persistent through a reboot? I've tried installing it to a folder on its persistent storage and copying the files it installs into the Windows directory to the same folder, and backing up and restoring the registry entries that exist at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps].
However, this does not work, and even though those registry entries are restored after a reboot and the files are there, it gives me the same "not found" error it would give me as when the .NET CF isn't installed at all.

How could I make it persist through a reboot?

With the 2.0 version of the framework I can just copy executables to the same folder as the install folder of the CF which is an okay workaround, but this isn't possible with version 3.5

Edited by I dunk for bananas 2023-01-30 6:21 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 8:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I believe that mscoree.dll and netcfagl.dll have to be in \Windows for the runtime to work.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 8:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Can you try installing .net cf on your 6.0 arm device or 5.0 MIPS device and compare their registry settings maybe?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-01-30 11:26 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2023-01-30 8:50 PM

I believe that mscoree.dll and netcfagl.dll have to be in \Windows for the runtime to work.

This makes it work, thank you!
Sadly it looks like I won't be able to do this with regimp, as it somehow corrupts strings with an equals sign in them.. which is a lot of keys for the .NET CF
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.179 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26