x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Call for Help: Debian.

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
Frozen
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-10-26 10:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

This should be of interest ... ftp://ftp.handhelds.org/projects/jornada/720/jornada720.txt

grabbed from http://www.handhelds.org/hypermail/jornada/15/1524.html
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-26 11:45 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Snappy! - 2005-10-26 7:00 PM

Quoted from NETBSD hpcsh port newsgroup

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 15:03:39 +0800, Oleg Gritsak wrote:

> I've been wondering, whats the main reason of suspend/resume absence
> in hpcsh port? Lack of specs or interest? Or maybe some other?

I have some ideas (mostly gleaned from wince), but I have ~zero time
to experiment.

The idea for the *real* suspend is to power down everything, prefetch
the wake-up interrupt handler into CPU cache and point VBR to the
prefetched handler.

SY, Uwe

Maybe this is what's needed?

EDIT:

PS, this is for you and anyone who is chipping into this porting effort ...

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/articles/AT2608778568.html
http://www.intel.com/design/strong/guides/278278.htm

http://www.intel.com/design/strong/manuals/278240.htm -- Read section 4.4 for details on the system registers for turning off devices etc ...

Isn't that what I said?

I have pinged them, but nothing seems to be moving, they are relying on the 2.6 kernel as much as I am if I recall correctly...

Any way to get directly to kristoffer? He's who I really need to contact, and is not on their irc room much.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-26 11:50 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Heh. I would rather not rollback, instead of just diving into it and seeing where it goes. I always learn more that way.

Besides, I hate formatting and recopying the whole system into my cf. It will be running perfectly once I can get the uclibc toolchain compile to stop getting errors.

Snappy!, once I get the free time (I have...a lot of things to do first) I can get into programming. This time I might as well finish it, considering that I can practice on my 720 anywhere (It isn't all that fun to learn stuck in a room for hours).
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 1:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Snappy! convinced me to learn how to program. I guess I will learn C first, as I finally have resources to do so, and a book from my favorite dummies author (Dan Gookin) (finally!). Once I have time, which should not be in too long, I can get started.

-Oh, if no one has noticed, some things came up, and my activity on the forum will be erratic. (In other words, I might not be on for a week or weeks at a time).
 Top of the page
karloch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-20 11:09 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Take a look to this site: http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/kautobuild/2.6.15-rc2/index.html

It provides with tested, known to work, kernel 2.6 build configuration files. Among the tested machines you can find the Jornada 720, with a working config file.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-21 1:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I think I have found myself there before...

Thanks for that, but I still want to know what on earth is going on with the official 2.6 kernel for the 720. A progress bar would be nice.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 4:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, just so everyone knows, gtmess turned out to be...a mess.

It doesn't work well, and unless if it gets fixed, I will use centericq instead. Its essentially a console equivalent to gaim, all your protocols in one nice little place.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Perhaps, since I am building a distribution, I really should be using the testing 2.6 kernel.

More information on that later, with the results!

-Oh, and I decided J-720 Linux just is too sloppy of a name. I will come up with one (of course in another language) later, that shows what this distribution is all about.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, looks like the people are talking about my advances on todopocketpc, a spanish forum. Unfortunately, I need to learn a lot more of the language before I can reply (or register)

It seems that it is mentioned that my distro could save their handhelds, but I am thinking: I need a *string of curses* KERNEL FIRST!
 Top of the page
karloch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 6:41 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-29 8:25 AM

Well, looks like the people are talking about my advances on todopocketpc, a spanish forum. Unfortunately, I need to learn a lot more of the language before I can reply (or register)

You would be welcome

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-29 8:25 AM

It seems that it is mentioned that my distro could save their handhelds, but I am thinking: I need a *string of curses* KERNEL FIRST!

Indeed, a fully functional Debian distro would save our lovely handhelds with a cutting edge operating system.

About the Kernel, I though that JLime was dead since no update were posted for a long time, but some days ago Kristoffer appeared again, so it looks like the 2.6 porting to J7xx is still going on.

I think that it would be good that you talk with Kristoffer and tell him that you are interested on using their Kernel for your project.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Doesn't he know? The problem is that it is so hard to communicate with him. The only feasable way seems through the forum...in spanish. I heard he doesn't speak english much/well.

So far, I have had a 5 sentence conversation with him, some time ago.

Jlime, dead? No way. There's stuff going on.

You are on todopocketpc? Currently, I can understand stuff. But writing my own sentences is very hard, I usually can't say what I want to.

EDIT: I am definitely learning C now. A few little dos programs so far, and I have learned that its not a good idea to cheat your way through, and use shortcuts like put instead of printf, and gets instead of scanf. (Long story short, one displays stuff right, the other doesn't. I don't mind the extra characters to get things right.)

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-12-06 9:03 PM
 Top of the page
karloch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 4:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-12-07 2:57 AM

Doesn't he know? The problem is that it is so hard to communicate with him. The only feasable way seems through the forum...in spanish. I heard he doesn't speak english much/well.
JLime developers are not spanish. It has nothing to do with PocketPC.

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-12-07 2:57 AM
You are on todopocketpc? Currently, I can understand stuff. But writing my own sentences is very hard, I usually can't say what I want to.
Yes, I am. If you want to say something special, you can do it in english. At todopocketpc there are also some foreing people.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 9:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, I finally have a clear plan for busybox. For now, as I cannot compile, I will just go with Debian's coreutils. I will then delete just the ones that the system absolutely does not need complex parameters for, and use busybox for everything else. As far as tinylogin, I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Kernel 2.6 will be tested right after I can boot up properly.

I seriously need a means of cross-compiling. If anyone could please figure out how to do that, many problems would be gone. I am being constantly held back by the fact of necessary programs not being compiled for the platform.
 Top of the page
jo jo circus
jo jo circus Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 11:20 AM
#
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Nope, they don't seem to have strongarm machines.

At this point, I need to either get a working cross-compiler, or a microdrive, and fast. If I take too long, these devices will be too old to turn on.

I guess I'll find some time to just work on getting a working cross-compiler, five hours straight or something..

I might get the money together for a microdrive sometime. But as Fry's stopped selling them, and Best Buy does, it looks like I will need to dish out almost $200 for a 4gb. All I want is a 2.2 for under $100... is that too much to ask?!

-Freaking bussiness, technology and economy. Always making things harder for me.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9