x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Show me your stuff!

1 2 3 4
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 3:30 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I dunk for bananas - 2023-02-11 4:03 PM

Are you able to run .vbs files on it?

Well, as you can see, the file has a weird icon, the one that Windows displays when it doesn't know how tf to open it.

So no, I am not able to run VB scripts, but I did it for fun, to make the desktop feel a bit closer to Windows 95, and to surprise people.

However, I don't know if that would be possible to add this feature to Windows CE. You never know.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 3:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've looked at trying to register a .vbs handler before, sadly the DLL does not have the entry points to do it. CE .vb/.pvb are pseudo-code rather than script files. The CE dll is missing the script pre-processor.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 12:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Could we do it with a custom app to process the file and then invoke vb?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 4:59 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie/thenzero/LordEmilio, et al, obviously any knowledge I have isn't sufficient in comparison with you lot re: Development and the like
But I was reading inconsistent info with certain CE devices having VBS support, I just can't find any details on which.
stingraze - 2023-02-05 3:57 AM

That looks fantastic, stingraze. You still make me want a Sigmarion.

If you ever want to buy a Sigmarion, let me know. I think I may be able to help.
-stingraze

I gotta say, I'm intrigued by the Casio BE-300/500, the MC20, the PocketPostPet, and the Sigmarion III.
I will keep you in mind, I just don't have budget to buy all of those. I think I want a Japanese SH3 device though....

Edited by torch 2023-02-12 5:00 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 8:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@thenzero yes, but you've have to write the interpreter and compiler as well as replace wscript.shell

@torch PIE can have VBS support in the script parser
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 4:34 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've just seen this odd word processing device on the Internet.

It's called the Neo2 and it's holding up to 10 000 words in memory.

The dude who redacted the post said he had that for 30$ back in 2021. However on eBay, the prices are quite higher.

https://www.lifewire.com/why-the-worst-laptop-ever-made-is-also-the-...

I don't know what to say about this device, it looks weird and neat at the same time. Like a professional toy.

But it's not pocket-sized.

Edited by LordEmilio 2023-02-12 4:34 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-16 7:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Nice those are cool!
I also think those stenography keyboards are cool like the ones they used in court to write transcripts.

(D278AB10-3A6B-4887-9BF4-054AB481CBA9.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments D278AB10-3A6B-4887-9BF4-054AB481CBA9.jpeg (46KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2023-02-16 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It's been ages since I owned an HPC, but I finally bit the bullet and got one from ebay.

I'm really excited to have a Jornada 728 again. Since I kept a few things from my time doing HPC development, I already had a serial cable to connect to the device and transfer files, and a couple of CF cards. I also had a Bluetooth card and a wifi/storage combo card that I got a couple of years ago (which I bought in preparation for having a handheld again).

Setting up an internet connection was a bit of a pain, and it involved digging out a couple of old routers I had, but I managed to connect to internet, as you can see in the picture.

I also managed to get ActiveSync and LAN connection share over Bluetooth with a Socket BT CF Card, and I might actually prefer that solution instead, because I get both Internet and pretty decent wireless ActiveSync functionality with the same card (which is great for now, considering that I don't have a USB cable nor a working dock)

EDIT: For whatever reason attaching the file didn't work so I'm linking the picture instead.

Edited by ShadowMaster 2023-02-16 3:22 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-02-16 5:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Looks great!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-16 6:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Wow. The 728 really is a majestic looking machine. Even better looking than the 900. Pleased to see another person back in the H/PC fold!

What was the Sandisk PC Card you had installed?
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2023-02-16 6:41 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

torch - 2023-02-16 1:08 PM

Wow. The 728 really is a majestic looking machine. Even better looking than the 900. Pleased to see another person back in the H/PC fold!

What was the Sandisk PC Card you had installed?

It's a "SanDisk ConnectPlus 128MB". A combo wifi+storage card.
It was my favorite back then because of the convenient extra storage, so a couple of years ago, when I had a newfound interest in returning to the HPC world, that's the first thing I knew I had to get.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 3:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

That’s pretty awesome! I’ve never used one of those before.
I am jealous that you got the Socket Bluetooth working. Is it worth it to get that one? I don’t want to use for ActiveSync but just to share files back and forth with a computer. Or maybe Bluetooth tethering.
I have the Ambicom cf card for Bluetooth but I can’t get that one working. I think the socket one may be more smooth.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 5:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

torch - 2023-02-16 10:10 PM

That’s pretty awesome! I’ve never used one of those before.
I am jealous that you got the Socket Bluetooth working. Is it worth it to get that one? I don’t want to use for ActiveSync but just to share files back and forth with a computer. Or maybe Bluetooth tethering.
I have the Ambicom cf card for Bluetooth but I can’t get that one working. I think the socket one may be more smooth.

The Socket cards works fine, but I think at this point in time most devices have moved onto more modern protocols.
For example: I couldn't share an internet connection from my (Android) phone or W10 computer over Bluetooth. I had to do it from a Windows XP VM (even when I was using the same Bluetooth adapter).

Sending files from my Jornada to my phone worked immediately, but it took many attempts for it to work the other way around.
Sending files from Windows to my Jornada worked, but couldn't send anything from my HPC to Windows 10.

All of that worked fine in Windows XP.
With anything relatively modern I think it will be a mixed bag.

Edited by ShadowMaster 2023-02-17 6:09 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 7:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you for the update. It sounds like Bluetooth is a ball of hurt then. I'll stay away from that then!

I do have Bluetooth 2.0 on my PowerPC Macs, so maybe they'd work with it.

Still not sure if worth dumping the money.

Have you had any experience with those CF camera attachments?

This user made a retro photo project using one here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/2xIAvml

I thought it could be fun to replicate it.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

torch - 2023-02-17 2:01 PM

Thank you for the update. It sounds like Bluetooth is a ball of hurt then. I'll stay away from that then!

I do have Bluetooth 2.0 on my PowerPC Macs, so maybe they'd work with it.

Still not sure if worth dumping the money.

Have you had any experience with those CF camera attachments?

This user made a retro photo project using one here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/2xIAvml

I thought it could be fun to replicate it.

Oh that looks amazing. I have no experience with CF cameras but I'm very intrigued now.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11