x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Piano simulator for H/PC

1 2
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for the feedback, and also for the badge.

I've been coding for 16 years and this is a nice reward for my recent achievements.

Of course I can upload the IRC client right now, it's easier to make a package for it, without adding so much samples.

Download MonIRC 1.1 Alpha

N.B.: MonIRC is delivered with no warranty whatsoever, because it's freeware.

I put it in this topic rn I hope this is gonna work, I tested it a while ago and it did, the messages are just a bit messy and the "Connected peer" list is missing because I didn't want to saturate the H/PC memory (with a huge list of 10000 nicknames).

I tested what a saturated app makes to an H/PC by trying to port a NES emulator, and it was bad.

However if this soft gets famous enough, I might translate it to English and add a few missing options xD

LordEmilio

Edited by LordEmilio 2023-02-10 6:10 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you! I didn’t have a chance to play with it too heavily but I added it to the SCL

You should receive a new badge soon for “SCL submissions “

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/2083/Monokeros/MonIRC/version_1.1-Alpha
 Top of the page
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 11:23 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have just tested Petit Piano v0.2.2 and it works beautifully now with the included samples, very nice app!

I was reading through your Help file, and regarding lighting up the keys being too slow, would maybe drawing a small circle on the active key be a fast enough alternative? Though perhaps you've already thought of that.

LordEmilio - 2023-02-10 12:21 PM
And... Should I add other samples, or just leave it like this? "Rhodes" or "Violin" are not used but ready to use. Users can add their own samples just by adding files like "rhodes0.wav", "rhodes1.wav", "rhodes2.wav", "rhodes3.wav", "drums100.wav", "drums101.wav", "drums102.wav", etc. choosing the right instrument in the dropdown menu, the software is going to use these samples. The sample system works along this nomenclature: instrument name + a number representing the actual key + ".wav" extension.

Additional instruments would definitely be cool, if you're worried about storage limitations, maybe you can create additional .cab files containing just the instruments, so additional instruments can be installed/removed separate from the application itself. Personally though I have just installed it on a 4GB CF card so it's not an issue at all.
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 10:18 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Okay, I may think about it and do another version.

There's no multichannel however in this app, only one sound at a time.

I don't know how to make a filled circle on VBCE, I was struggling with it, but a small circle might be enough.

That's why I had problems with programming a paint application.

See you later

Matthias
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 5:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

LordEmilio - 2023-02-11 3:18 AM

That's why I had problems with programming a paint application.

Matthias

I know you're using Visual Basic, but these two paint programs are open source, maybe you can base yours off of it (I'm not sure offhand what the license about that says)
^And even if you don't use the code, maybe it can offer you some ideas too
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/557/Tomohiro/Jinzo_Paint_16_Color/version_1.02
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1965/Tomohiro/Jinzo_Paint_4_Color/version_1.14

Edited by torch 2023-02-12 5:09 AM
 Top of the page
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-02-13 9:45 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

LordEmilio - 2023-02-11 11:18 AM
I don't know how to make a filled circle on VBCE, I was struggling with it, but a small circle might be enough.

The way to do it is different from desktop VB but thankfully it's still rather simple:

Option Explicit 

'Constants missing from eVB.
Private Const vbLeftButton As Long = 1

Private Sub Form_Load()
FillStyle = vbSolid
End Sub

Private Sub Form_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

If Button = vbLeftButton Then
DrawCircle X, Y, 50, vbRed, 1#
End If

End Sub

You should be able to use the stylus to draw filled circles on the screen.
The key is to set FillStyle to solid so it draws filled shapes. I have done it directly on the form but it should also work for a PictureBox.

I hope this helps.

Edited by WinCEDev 2023-02-13 9:45 AM
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-14 10:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks I am gonna try that as soon as I go back to VB 6.0

Best regards,

Matthias
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum: