x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Piano simulator for H/PC

1 2
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 11:31 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello,

for nearly one year I've promised releasing a piano simulator software for Windows CE 2.00.

However, I've been really ill since September, because of different Covid variants.

Plus I've seen that some of my software, like IRC clients for Windows CE already existed, and bore the same name than my software But they are better made.

Despite that, I was not able to find any "piano simulator software" for Windows CE 2.00, so I've made one.

It's featuring :

* Virtual keyboard ;
* Multisample function (however, I've only added one instrument and it's already 4MB of size ) ;
* 3 octaves in total ;
* A playback function with open/save file dialog in .TXT format ;
* BPM ;
* Full piano sample back from my Yamaha E-PSR 243 I've recorded thru jack plug ;
* A help dialog.

I know this community is in English, but my software is now in French, because I don't have the courage to translate it right now.

v0.2 Binary ZIP File :

Download PetitPiano v0.2.2 Alpha

Thank you all for your interest.

Regards,
Matthias

Edited by LordEmilio 2023-02-09 11:32 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Amazing work! Thank you for sticking with it and I hope you fully recover soon.

Jake
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 8:12 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Excellent, LE!

Thanks for sharing this with community here!

Will give it a try when I have some time....

Best wishes for good health,

Mark
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 8:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

And if you like, Mattias, maybe I can assist with English translation.....

Best,

Mark
 Top of the page
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 9:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

This looks really cool! I have added a screenshot of it running on my Jornada 680.

I wasn't able to get any sound though, my French is not that good so I may be missing something, could it be that the instrument samples are not automatically installed? I couldn't find them in the Program Files directory for PetitPiano.

Also a very small issue, if I click on "Ouvrir" or "Sauver" to open or save a file, and then cancel the dialog, I get an error message.

Also our avatars almost match! I am really fond of the old Windows CE logo.

(CAPT0000.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CAPT0000.png (3KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

WinCEDev - 2023-02-09 10:01 PM
Also a very small issue, if I click on "Ouvrir" or "Sauver" to open or save a file, and then cancel the dialog, I get an error message.

This has to be caught with an on error resume next. It's a typical error when you click Cancel on a save or open dialog.
The app contiunes still further.

Yes...an english version would be cool

Edited by Citgo 2023-02-09 9:33 PM
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-09 10:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for so much interest.

Normally, the keys are playable right when the app is launched.

I think I have forgot to put the samples (in *.wav format) in the software itself... What a mistake I made!

Some tinkering guys may add their own samples anyway. That was an essential part of it and I forgot it, because it's quite tedious to add in the app creator wizard, I have to put the sample files one by one XD. There is no multiple selection.

Here's a new binary translated into English with a few extra problems fixed, like the European musical notation (Do, Ré, Mi, etc.) converted into the English notation (C, D, E, etc.) :

Download PetitPiano 0.2.2 (EN)

Let's hope this is gonna work... This time It's now 18MB in stead of 4MB. An external device to store my software will be necessary. About my health, I don't have my cold anymore, so I'm just having some rest for now.
And about rests, I don't know if you guys noticed that a musical rest is called "silence" in French... Lawl. I don't know if this word is usable in English...

The software's screenshot is amazing, my soft looks so neat in real colours. My main PocketPC is monochrome display, it's a Casio Cassiopeia A20-G. But I think the current 0.2.0 French version is to delete because it's missing some stuff, and not everyone in this community can handle French as a main language.

Enjoy,

Matthias.

PS: Actually I do enjoy the old Windows CE logo, but mine is grey, so it's not confusing with your own profile pic

PS2: I did not fix the error with cancelling opening or saving file...

Edited by LordEmilio 2023-02-09 10:57 PM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:28 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know the problem with adding files to your project. Don't know why it is not possible to multiselect files. It is horrible!

The Cancel error isn't so bad because as I said the app will still work further.

I will try the app later
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:53 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Looking great! Started doing some testing. Works on my x86 processor Windows CE 6.0 thin client. Here's a screenshot
Also, the English and French versions are both in the SCL. I copied your sample files from the English version to the French version as a "Supplemental File", so the French users aren't left without those.

(002081_001_full.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 002081_001_full.jpg (24KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Veeery nice.
Didnt tested yet...so short question:
Does it only work with the touchscreen or did you combined it with the physical keys?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 6:57 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I was able to "click" with my pointer of my mouse on the thin client to play the notes
I didn't test the physical keys yet though
Per the in app readme, it mentions you can use the keyboard and I tried jamming the tab button and playing on keyboard but wasn’t able to get it to play except while using the stylus.

I also tested the program on my MobilePro 790 and 900. Works

Edited by torch 2023-02-10 7:16 AM
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 11:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks everybody for your replies.

Actually, I did mention that you can use the physical keyboard to play... But it's not the case.

I don't know whether that's because it would take too many keys, or just because I am lazy.

Plus considering the file open/save dialog error makes me think I'm gonna have to release a third version (0.3a).

And... Should I add other samples, or just leave it like this? "Rhodes" or "Violin" are not used but ready to use. Users can add their own samples just by adding files like "rhodes0.wav", "rhodes1.wav", "rhodes2.wav", "rhodes3.wav", "drums100.wav", "drums101.wav", "drums102.wav", etc. choosing the right instrument in the dropdown menu, the software is going to use these samples. The sample system works along this nomenclature: instrument name + a number representing the actual key + ".wav" extension.

<100 are white keys, and >=100 are black keys. Hence there are a sample per key in the music sample folder.

I don't know if I explained it good enough for people to understand this clutter

Thanks again for your support.

LordEmilio
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 2:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Very cool

There is another one called FKey if I recall. It was released for CE 1.00/1.01 in September 1997. It was one of the first CE apps I ever installed back "in the day". Not as sophisticated as yours though. I probably have the SH3 binary for it somewhere if it isn't in the SCL. What you have done is far more advanced though and probably sounds a bit better than I remember FKey sounding too.

Great work

I think that deserves a Code Warrior badge
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 3:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

He still has a Code Warrior, C:

I testesd the app. Very cool. Cool sounds with less delay.
Like it!

Is it possible to edit the notes in the sequencer for duration?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-10 3:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Can we pleaseeeeeeeeeeee see the work in progress IRC program? Even in French or the same name as another one, it’s still worth it to take a look!
I can always add in the description that it’s unrelated to the other program with the same name
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 11