x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

World Baseball Classic

torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-03 4:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’m not really a big sports guy but I’ve collected several of the World Baseball Classic hats.
Randomly, it’s coming to my city, Kyoto, and Taiwan (maybe others too).
Is anyone keeping up with it and or are going?
I conned my friends and mom to come with me on a few of the games. (The tickets are super cheap)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-03-03 12:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I think World Baseball Classic will be held in Tokyo, not Kyoto among Taiwan?

No, haven't really been following baseball for quite a while now. I do like a game called sorare, NFT based game about NBA and football (soccer). I play that and sometimes see real events making the score of sorare.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-03 4:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’m so blonde! You keep me in check. For some reason I must have confused Kyoto and Tokyo. To be fair, they’re anagrams haha.

Yeah I don’t follow it at all, it’s just randomly interesting Phoenix Arizona is hosting it for some of the games. I’m going to the Great Britain game with @c:amie personal flag/ coat of arms. I hope he likes it!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-03-04 6:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Cool! Good to know it will also be in Arizona!

Edited by stingraze 2023-03-04 6:02 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-03-04 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Went to see the Little League World Series a couple of years ago. Adults could learn a lot from these children. Hawaiian team against the Japanese. Japanese hitter absolutely tattooed a ground ball that the 12-year-old Hawaiian second baseman somehow picked up to throw to first base. Few Major Leaguers could've pulled off the same. Close, but an out, and all the Japanese kid did was tip his hat to the second baseman. I'll never forget it. You don't often see such class in "grownup" sports.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-03-05 2:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

In my Little League days (about half a century ago), we were taught to be gracious and respectful to those who defeated us. My, how times have changed.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-05 5:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I didn’t know they have a Little League version too! That’s fantastic. My favorite thing about Taiwanese culture is the nodding. It’s very efficient & useful and gets the point across without having to use too many words.

I’ll try to add some pictures when I go to the games. I have too many of the World Baseball Classic hats haha

I think sportsmanship is a lost art now unfortunately
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-11 4:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

OMG, I hope I don't hate baseball after this week. I'm going to four games - with family for one, and different friends for other three.
Colombia vs Mexico
Colombia vs Great Britain
Canada vs United States
Great Britain vs Mexico

Edited by torch 2023-03-11 4:21 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8