x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compact Flash size

Confused
Confused Page Icon Posted 2004-11-17 4:51 PM
#
Hi,

I just baought a Jornada 420 on ebay. I wanted to find out what is the max size of a compact flash card I could use with it. I looked around and there are places that say I can use any size or speed, and yet when I called HP they said I could only use a 32mb cflash card. I appretiate any input. The Jornada runs on Windows CE 2.11.
Thank you, Confused
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2004-11-17 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hi, i just picked up a couple of jornada 420's off of ebay my self....i have a 64 meg card in there right now...I'm still learning my way around this pspc myself...Im use to hpc's though this is close in operating system, to hpc pro 2.11, its not a cigar .....anyway...you can use as big of card that can fit in there man, even a micro drive......Steve
 Top of the page
Confused
Confused Page Icon Posted 2004-11-18 4:19 PM
#
Thanks for the info, so a 1gb would work in there then? Also is the cradel cable a usb cable? I didn't think the 420 were usb compatible?
 Top of the page
Rachel Faith
Rachel Faith Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 2:32 AM
#
I have a 4GB SanDisk in my 728. Works Great.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wwow! Talk about storage heaven!

If only there is a way to get the system to use that as program RAM and not storage only!

Maybe something like a VMM or something ... swapfile on the CF card!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 8:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Philips had the right idea.
Add a DRAM port on the thing. It's like adding a CF card except it is instantly addressable Main RAM.

Alas the standard never took off - it was presented. VHS vs Beta, CF vs DRAM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.128 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8