x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 1.0 utilities that may or may not exist

WinFishCE Page Icon Posted 2023-03-20 5:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am using an HP 320lx running Windows CE 1.0 and there are two functions that I'd like it to perform but I don't know if they have been accomplished before.

1.) A cabinet (.CAB) installer. - Is there any third party software out there that can install programs using the cabinet method? Cabinet installations would make things a lot easier but I don't know if it's possible with 1.0.

2.) An 8, 16, or 24-bit bitmap viewer for a monochrome screen. I feel like it is very possible that there is software out there that can make color bitmaps viewable on a device that only supports 2-bit (.2bp) bitmap images. There may also be a program out there that can convert a .bmp to a .2bp. That would be way helpful as well.

If you have any information, thanks in advance!

Edited by WinFishCE 2023-03-20 5:04 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-20 10:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-03-20 10:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

#1 no and even if you found a cab extractor, CE2+ binary files are significantly different and are coded with a completely different API, so they won't work. I suggest finding a CE2 ROM chip instead.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-03-20 5:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26