x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

npopuk keeps trying to start wifi

1 2
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-21 4:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Trying out npopuk on a mobilepro 900c and whenever I press Check account it just says "starting wifi" and then times out. It's already connected to LAN and "LAN" is checked in the menu. I've verified the connection elsewhere. When I view log, it is trying to "activate wifi" on the ethernet card which is already connected and is not a wifi card. Anybody seen and/or fixed this before?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-21 4:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Go to File->Connection->View Log and click yes to enable network logging.
Retest, and let us know what the log file says
BEWARE: the log file can contain usernames and passwords, do not directly paste it here unless you scan through it.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-21 5:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Sorry if it wasn't clear from my first message, but I have viewed the log and it says it's trying to activate wifi but it lists my Ethernet card as the wifi device which then fails out.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-21 5:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No. You're right. That's my fault. You were clear in the first post, I must have missed that part. Sorry about that.
As a way to just test the server settings, can you copy your .ini file and retest everything on a Windows computer running the win32 version?
I'm sure you already tried it, I just want to make sure we eliminate the Email server being the issue.
^Like you mentioned, I don't think it's the email server settings
Also, can you try going to Global Settings->Dialup - and try playing with those checkboxes -first try checking mail after unchecking all of those boxes, then perhaps try only checking boxes 1 and 4

Unfortunately, I can't replicate your setup since I'm housesitting and left the MobilePro at home

Edit: Again, I remember having this issue at one point during the beta test but I forgot how I fixed it

Edited by torch 2023-03-21 5:08 AM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 12:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Hm. Maybe I should first ask...what version should I be using? There are a lot and it is confusing.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 12:42 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Before running: you might need to put ca.pem (extracted from the .zip) at the system root directory so it becomes \ca.pem

For ARM: ARMv4_015 (01-Jan-23) + this Patch

Try using your ini file with this version
Download the first file first, put the ca.pem in your root directory (so literally in \ ) then copy the exe from the patch

This is the beta that’s working for me. It has OpenSSL 3 so much newer security technology
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 12:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK it's working now. I had tried disabling wifi yesterday but I misunderstood the "npopssl" error that I got. Tried again but this time with npopssl.dll in place and it worked. I still need to try your version tho because now I'm getting an "expired certificate" error.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 1:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay try that version and play with the ssl settings. Try tls 1.2 or 1.3 for both pop and smtp
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 1:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also don’t use the ins file for gmail or Hotmail. Make sure to only use the exact gmail settings on the gmail website. I don’t think Npopuk has updated the gmail ins file
The ins file is basically the server settings auto saved for you. But just add manually

^disregard if that works on the desktop windows though.

Edited by torch 2023-03-22 1:05 AM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 1:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK- I will try replicating on desktop version as you suggested just to check server compatibility etc. Thanks torch!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 1:22 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Correct. And those ini files are cross platform
But yes I’d use the 3.05 official Npopuk release for desktop windows and then use the soju release for the higher security level on windows ce.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-03-22 1:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Awesome! It worked! Thank you.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2023-03-23 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What's wrong with the gmail ins file? Is it just that gmail uses app passwords now?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-23 12:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I could be mistaken and got confused with Hotmail and Gmail, but I remember when we were testing 3.05 that the ins file didn't match the settings on the Gmail/Hotmail websites for their pop settings. Let me do some testing tonight, and I'll work on this and let you know what is correct and what we may need to fix!
I'm sorry I wasn't clear
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-26 7:47 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I did some checking:
Gmail
per this page, the port should be changed for SMTP from 465 to 587
Hotmail
per this page, pop server should be changed from pop3.live.com to outlook.office365.com ; SMTP server should be changed from smtp.live.com to smtp-mail.outlook.com
Plusnet
per this page, the incoming port should be changed from 110 to 995; SMTP port should be changed to 587 (per their page, it's the recommended port versus 25), and POP_SSL,SMTP_Port, SMTP_Auth, SMTP_SSL values should be set to 1 not 0? (that would make them match Hotmail,Gmail)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8