x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cisco Aironet 350 ACU?

1 2
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-12 3:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Something is going wrong with my install of the Cisco Aironet 350 drivers from the HCL on my MP900c, or I'm just missing something. There are reports of it working in the HCL, so I'm assuming it can work...somehow.

After I get it installed, there doesn't seem to be any way to actually connect it. I've got the ACU but it seems pretty devoid of options. No "scan" or anything like that.

Anybody know of a guide or something for using this card with CE 4.2 .NET?

Edited by thenzero 2023-04-12 3:02 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-04-12 7:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What firmware/driver version are you running?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 2:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Could it have to do with CE4.2 using WLAN zero config? CE4.2 browses for WLAN differently than 3.0
4.2 uses the network adapter in Control Panel whilst 3.0 uses an actual app from the driver
Think using WLAN on Windows 2000 versus XP SP2 or higher

Does that make sense? Or did I say something you already know?
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2023-04-13 2:46 AM

What firmware/driver version are you running?

5.60.21/2.72
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:11 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2023-04-13 9:32 PM

Could it have to do with CE4.2 using WLAN zero config? CE4.2 browses for WLAN differently than 3.0
4.2 uses the network adapter in Control Panel whilst 3.0 uses an actual app from the driver
Think using WLAN on Windows 2000 versus XP SP2 or higher

Does that make sense? Or did I say something you already know?

Thanks torch! That was it.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I've also read that there is WPA support in 4.2 with the 350...any hints there?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:53 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I tried that and I finally gave up. I see an option for WPA1 enterprise (the one that needs a security key like a certificate) but I couldn’t get wpa1 personal running. Maybe there’s a way? Try playing with manually adding a network and selecting all of the settings yourself and fiddle with trial and error

Also check the HCL to see if you have the Cisco aironet latest firmware. You can update its firmware on device. The latest firmware should enable wpa1 support I believe
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK, I'll mess with it.

I'm running all the latest stuff, afaik.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 4:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

FYI. Not to mess you up.
I don’t own the aironet. I have the Orinoco gold and I can’t update the firmware on that one without an actual like windows 98 pcmcia pc to do so. That card supposedly supports wpa1 on the 900

I was speaking for the ambicom wireless g card I have but I couldn’t get wpa1 personal on that one either.

Also when you’re doing wpa1 on your router, try wpa1 mode only first, not wpa1/wpa2 mixed mode. If wpa1 only mode works, then experiment with wpa1/wpa2 mixed
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 5:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Well, I haven't actually seen anywhere on the MP to specify WPA personal. Have you?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 5:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Neither did I

https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200142/wireless_protected_acc...
This doesn’t tell us much we don’t already know but..check that part about a third party aegis client. If you find one maybe that can bypass ce4.2’s control panel and let you set up manually

I’d try searching ce 4.1 wpa or Sigmarion iii wpa and see if someone found a third party app. Then that may work for you on 4.2.

If that makes sense?
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 5:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I tried pretty hard to get aegis installed and didn't get anywhere. It just says the cab is an invalid windows setup file. I downloaded it a few times but couldn't get it to work.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 5:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry last idea I had

Try extracting the cab with this

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/2052/Unknown_or_not_specified/MSCEInf/...

Just be mindful if you have to register any Dlls or registry keys
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-13 5:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Oh what a neat tool! It certainly looks like the cab is in good order. Wonder what the problem with it is.

Well, I guess I'll extract this and try manually installing (but not tonight!). Thanks again for the assistance!
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-04-15 7:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Well I've made some progress on getting WPA working in CE.Net 4.2 with the Aegis supplicant, but I'm still not quite there.

I extracted the cab files and copied them to the MP as indicated in the cab analyzer tool. I also carefully inputted all the registry keys.

For whatever reason, Aegis wouldn't load its DLLs from the Windows folder (indicated in the Aegis event log as "Unable to load protocol driver") so I had to copy those to "\Program Files\Aegis Client\" as well. Once that was done, it loaded them up and I was able to see and configure my card in Aegis (Following this guide). With my router set to "WPA-PSK" and "TKIP", I was able to authenticate and obtain an IP address.

However, I still have no active connection. I can't ping the router or connect to anything, although the router shows packets going back and forth with the MP, and the MP shows a good connection. The only error in the Aegis log at this point is "Unable to retrieve BSSID list" (repeated constantly), and I'm not sure what that means.

Edit: I think the BSSID error was a fluke as I haven't seen it in a while. Still no joy with the connection tho.

Anybody have any insight here?

Edited by thenzero 2023-04-15 7:57 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 26