x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Folders appearing empty even though they aren't

I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-05-16 6:13 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

My ubisurfer has the strange tendency to sometimes suddenly deem a folder as empty, when viewing it with windows explorer, even though the command prompt still finds those files perfectly well. It's pretty annoying because now it's decided to make my documents folder invisible... any ideas what that could be?

edit: Well, I'm one step closer I guess? It definitely has something to do with the icons of the files. For some reason at some point my ubisurfer stopped showing the right icons for things like text files or presentations, and just started using the default file icon. No matter what I've tried, I haven't been able to get those icons back but removing the icon information for those file types that were in my document folder (text files) allowed explorer to see them again. Huh...

secondary edit: I've opened the pword.exe of my device with Resource Hacker and strangely enough, it looks like the built in icons are corrupted/partially invisible. Does anyone perhaps have a copy of pword.exe for CE6 ARM lying around?

Edited by I dunk for bananas 2023-05-16 6:32 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-05-16 6:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I know you were having issues with Total Commander with icons in the past but I’m curious if Total Commander or GS Finder on your ubisurfer produces the same result as Windows Explorer ?
(I don’t remember what device you had issues with in the past)
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-05-17 6:09 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

This is the strange pocket word file that was on the ubisurfer in case anyone would like to take a look:

It appears like it was packed with UPX and that somehow destroyed the icon cache?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PWORD_from ubisurfer.EXE (42KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10