x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Old version of eReader or PalmReader that will run on MobilePro

RobertJSawyer Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! The current version of eReader (formerly PalmReader) does not support Windows Pocket PC 2000 or Windows CE, but, apparently, older versions did. Does anybody have the installation files for the older versions? (The basic program was free.)

I know there are alternatives, such as MobiPocket, but I'm specifically looking for PalmReader or eReader to run on my MobilePro 780 with 790 ROM.

Thanks!

Rob

sawyer@sfwriter.com
 Top of the page
JulioAngelOrtiz Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 9:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just to warn you- new eReader eBooks use a newer encryption that old versions (i.e. CE 2.11 readers) won't be able to read. There is an unsupported version for HPC2000 MIPS and ARM devices that they have, but don't distribute, that do support the newer format. However, that version isn't being updated, and is at an older version number (1.0.5 I believe).
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RobertJSawyer - 2005-08-13 4:41 PM

I know there are alternatives, such as MobiPocket, but I'm specifically looking for PalmReader or eReader to run on my MobilePro 780 with 790 ROM.

Have you considered what many people view as the king of 3rd party readers, "U Book"? It free to download and try and inexpensive to register. I have not found anything U Book cannot read. It also reads unopened zip files and PDF files. It is a powerful little program and it works well off a CF card

---Bruised
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 11