x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WPC11 Will not Transmit

Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-19 7:14 PM
#
I have a NEC MobilePro 780, its worked fine and I wanted to get it onto the local WLAN. So I bought a WPC11 3.0 and used it on my laptop for a bit, worked fine, then I tried putting it in my MobilePro, and the drivers installed ok, it finds the access points fine, but then transmit stays at 0, even though it says its recieving enough. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks,
Dragon
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 2:15 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

In the driver is there a place where you can insert the settings for your wlan network? i.e. wep key, ssid name....there should be a configuration in the network control panel that you may fine as useful.
 Top of the page
Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 3:49 PM
#
There is the standard settings tab in the WLAN control panel:
SSID, Transmit Rate, etc., but as for settings in the control panel, I cant find any to speak of
 Top of the page
CD
CD Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 5:40 PM
#
I am having the exactly the same trouble. I am a semi-network/mobile expert and have been trying this for about 2 weeks. I'm using a NEC MobilePRO780 with a WPC11 linksys card with the official drivers. Althought the official drivers point to the WCF driver... I can ping the loopback address (127.0.0.1) but nothing else. I set a static IP. I've scoured the net for about two weeks looking for additonal info but didn't find anything. Any help would be great!!

I'll be watching this forum but I can be reached at mobilegodATgmailDOTcom
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 6:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you all looked at / tried:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0007.asp

and then for HPC2000:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0006.asp

There isn't a crack for Pro I'm afraid
 Top of the page
Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-23 1:12 PM
#
Well, Ive read both those articles before, Im CISCO certified and have been doing networking for 6 years, and this has me baffled beyond anything else Ive done.
Overall the problem is:
1. The Card works perfectly on normal laptops
2. Once plugged into the HPC, it will power on, HOWEVER, if you remove it, it will not come back unless you reset the enite HPC.
3. Once looking at the utility, itll show the current transmission rate, it will recieve perfectly but will not transmit, which is odd, Ive run into wireless cards not recieving, but transmitting is a different story.

The only info I got from some debugging is that its a software problem, either driver based or in the configuration software itself. I have begun tearing down the software through Visual C++ and VB.NET and still havent collected new data as of yet.
 Top of the page
Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-23 1:21 PM
#
Another thing, pinging the loopback wont give us much here, cause we know the card works, its just the fact that the drivers will not allow a transmission, so pinging the loopback in this case hasnt brought much info
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 3:07 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Did you try a hard reset?
Just want to be sure

It's also possible the device isn't giving enough current or the wrong voltage...
Now I'm just poking in the dark
 Top of the page
Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 5:31 PM
#
Nice idea, Ill test the voltage, but if there wasnt enough voltage, in theory it wouldnt function at all. And yes Ive tried hard reseting ^_^
 Top of the page
Dragonan
Dragonan Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 2:09 PM
#
So far as I can tell, the HPC is providing the 3.3 volts needed and the proper amperes to power the Wireless card, however, maybe the power fluctuates (further testing is needed, back to the mad labs MUHAHAHA) http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/images/emoticons/icon_smile_blackeye.gif
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/images/emoticons/icon_smile_blackeye.gif
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 10:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'd say your card is fine if it work on your laptop. Pitch the Linksys drivers for now and try the Compaq Wl100 drivers for Hpcpro. They work fine with Prism cards and HPC2k. If they work then you know there's no hardware issues. IIRC, my 6651 is on the Linksys hpcpro drivers. IIRC again, I think I gave up on WPC11 HPC2k based drivers.

We need a sticky for the following point.

If you insert a network card prior to the driver install finishing there's a good chance the card will be assigned the wrong driver. You might think the install went OK as the card will blink once or twice each time it's inserted. The only way to fix the problem is a hard reset (ugly) or remove the offending key in HKLM\Drivers\PCMCIA then install again w/o the card in the unit.

I've installed/removed more nics and drivers in the last few months than I care to admit. Good luck

Edited by wallythacker 2004-11-29 10:30 PM
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-17 3:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to say that I've been through this with Linksys tech support and they told me that although the website says ce 3.0, it actually doesn't work with ce 3.0 at all.

I had the same problem, and best solution appears to be get another card.

They don't want to change the website apparently so that they can continue to sucker HPC users I guess...

Guyturf
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-17 5:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That is exactly the reason why the Linksys cards aren't in the HCL, because they're effectivly causing a lot of people a lot of upset with what they've done re. drivers.

I have always suggested H/PC users avoid them. So listen to Guyturf & C:Amie people.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9