x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

devices - specs table?

takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-20 4:56 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I like the section in hardware that lists all the known devices under the OS versions.

But there are so many, I doubt a lot of people know the specs of all of them by heart. I don't even recognize a lot of the names, so I can't even tell which formfactors they are in.

It would be nice to have a table that lists the devices and their main specs. It could still be split into different sections for each OS.

columns would be something like:
make, model, year, cpu, ram, rom, slots, ports, comm, pc connection, screen size, resolution, display type, form factor, and notes

oh and as I suggested before, a picture would be nice too.

I know it would be a lot of work, so I'm just saying if you have the time to do it Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-20 1:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu,

I like getting feedback

Suffice to say my friend! We are working on it.

One of our FTP servers has a picture and documentation cache on it for a ever increasing number of devices. As soon as is logistically possible for me I will get it published onto the site.

The crux of course is that I have to write the database engine for it and that takes time. The killer - and you can't have failed to notice the speed at which the site is running at the moment - is with the database engine and getting everything up and running in a nice speedy fashion.

Suffice it to say, all this information is being compiled and has been for quite a while now! So as the borrowed addage goes...

If you nag me, it'll come

Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2004-11-20 5:44 PM
#
wow a database, cool

I was thinking more like a text file, or at most a spreadsheet kinda thing (so you can do simple stuff like reorder, filter etc). database would be great, but uh power comes at a cost.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-20 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Guest - 2004-11-20 2:44 PM

wow a database, cool

I was thinking more like a text file, or at most a spreadsheet kinda thing (so you can do simple stuff like reorder, filter etc). database would be great, but uh power comes at a cost.

oops, I am at the work place, at which I don't keep cookies. forgot to logon
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-20 8:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I keep doing that too.

Oh yes my friend, databases are the future! lol

The site is becoming more and more automated, as more of it moves into databases it slows down because the server shows its age.

I have a database table layout for the system made already. It's similar to the HCL system. The eventual idea, and benefit of the database is that we can have it output in any way we like - so there for you can see it any way you request.
While keeping the infornation public domain here on Factor for anyone with a web browser.

I'd also like to get reviewed as many as is humanly possible too - including the back catalogue. However that's just a pipe dream.
Anyone care to do some hardcore reviewing?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8