x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio Cassiopeia A-20E & A-11A - is linux possible?

b0b
b0b Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 1:02 PM
#
Hello, I'm after advice, Sorry. I've ended up with a Casio Cassiopeia A-20E and an A-11a too and being new to linux was wondering if it would be possible to install any sort of linux on to them to use for ssh/remote terminal. I have googled for hours and can't find anywhere that mentions a succesful port and if it is useless I'll just give up. As for as I understand they have the SH3 processor and from the information I read it said that getting the bootloader sorted was the main problem.

ANy help/links/suggestion more than appreciated.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Theodosus Page Icon Posted 2005-09-14 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I believe Casiopeia PDAs have attracted some dedicated user groups and I am sure there is a Linux development group that has worked 2 - 3 years on hacking a Linux Kernel to run on Casiopeia. Search google for [casio cassiopeia groups]. There are at least two active groups whose members range from computer engineers to a 14 year old boy genius. Casiopeia enthusiasts are very friendly and civil. They will respond to you & they will help you.

Include "Casio" in your search. Just "cassiopeia" will bring up a lot of astronomy related hits.
 Top of the page
NeoStrider Page Icon Posted 2005-11-21 10:13 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I got my A-11 running as a dumb terminal over the serial port without any software at all.
just make a connection and select manual dialing.
then, on the linux (I use Debian), put getty daemon running.

about running linux ON the device, Im still looking for that too, but its very hard to get...seems that there is no bootloader for the sh3, only for mips...

also Sh4 stuff doesnt work, as they are VERY incompatible...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.168 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10