x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Printing with Intermec 6651

PaulS Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all - I am a recent buyer of an Intermec 6651 after having MobilePro 770's for the last 5 to 5 years. The increasing short comings of the 770 (pdf viewing & browsing primarily) have me trying a "newer" device.
I have been trying to figure out printing with the 6651 - using a HP P7350 or an HP P1000 printer connected via the USB port on the 6651. When I plug it in I get asked for a driver to use & I haven't been able to get any of my ideas to work nor have I found anyone who has an obvious driver posted. The printers are supposed to be pcl compatible but I'm not getting past the diver prompt anyway. I checked & there is a pcl.dll on the device & I assumed that would be the driver - but typed in as pcl, pcl.dll, /windows/pcl, and /windows/pcl.dll didn't work - got an error message & a new prompt for the driver.

Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 8:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Paul,

Firstly please check that the printers are PCL 3.0 compatible - CE doesn't support PCL 4.

Unless there are specific drivers for the printer then I do not believe that you will be able to get it to work. While CE 4 supports usb printing over USBPRN.dll, CE 3.0...

Sod's law really.

If you have a network though, you can setup a printer share and print that way of course.

The same applies if your 6651 is HPC Pro as well as HPC2000
 Top of the page
PaulS Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks C-Amie. I've learned a lot reading the posts on this site. I do have a network card on the way (one that's on the HCL list) and will try setting up the printer that way. I remember reading the article here about how to do that - so hopefully that goes easily.
I've been trying to run PocketTV & that hasn't gone well - too jerky when playing & then the it looks like the camera software & PocketTV clashed & locked everything - resulting in my first hard reset. Experimentation continues!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 7:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Pocket TV / Pocket MVP / Wodeon.

The three you want to play with. My preferred is Wodeon, simply because of its simplicity. It only supports MPEG1 though.

Good luck with the printing, if you need further assistance, have a look about support, and we're always here if you're still stuck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9