x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Good CE 1 Devices

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 3:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's a guy here in Southern California who was trying to sell a Compaq C140 (running CE 1) for $40 USD for months. I went to look at it myself but was unimpressed. (That 2-bit grayscale is hard to adjust to be readable under even medium-light conditions.) I suspect that there's great variance in asking prices for these units; I can't imagine not finding one at a bargain-basement price if you're willing to look for a while. But I don't suspect you'll find many outside of eBay. (The C140 above was listed in the local Recycler, which I assume also publishes local editions in Colorado. But I have seen a total of three, maybe four, CE devices listed in the Recycler over the past several months.)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 10:45 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-09-30 1:55 AM

There's a guy here in Southern California who was trying to sell a Compaq C140 (running CE 1) for $40 USD for months. I went to look at it myself but was unimpressed. (That 2-bit grayscale is hard to adjust to be readable under even medium-light conditions.) I suspect that there's great variance in asking prices for these units; I can't imagine not finding one at a bargain-basement price if you're willing to look for a while. But I don't suspect you'll find many outside of eBay. (The C140 above was listed in the local Recycler, which I assume also publishes local editions in Colorado. But I have seen a total of three, maybe four, CE devices listed in the Recycler over the past several months.)

Thank You, CE Geek,

Is he willing to sell on eBay? I would purchase it for $40 USD with sync cable, disc, power cable (if one was made), and the stylus...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-09-30 9:55 AM

wow... nice place, what kind of CE devices were the others?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 3:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-09-30 8:37 AM

I saw a 2010C a long time ago, and there's a Jornada listed right now. But the ad doesn't say what model - just says, "Discontinued model - rated the best. 4 years old." Sounds like a 720 or 728, though I suppose it could be a Palm-size PC [420/430]). The asking price is $150 - which around here is a pretty good price for a 720 or 728.

The ad for the C140 reappeared yesterday after being absent for several weeks. The guy's asking $10 now, but says "local pick-up only." Both these ads have e-mail addresses on them, but I don't know if it's all right with C:Amie for me to post personal e-mail addresses printed in these two ads. Maybe these items are listed on the website (http://www.recycler.com).

It also occurs to me - if you really want the C140, tenjeangosi, maybe I could pick it up for you and arrange with you to have it sent to you.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-09-30 3:27 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 5:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-09-30 1:21 PM

cmonex - 2005-09-30 8:37 AM

I saw a 2010C a long time ago, and there's a Jornada listed right now. But the ad doesn't say what model - just says, "Discontinued model - rated the best. 4 years old." Sounds like a 720 or 728, though I suppose it could be a Palm-size PC [420/430]). The asking price is $150 - which around here is a pretty good price for a 720 or 728.

The ad for the C140 reappeared yesterday after being absent for several weeks. The guy's asking $10 now, but says "local pick-up only." Both these ads have e-mail addresses on them, but I don't know if it's all right with C:Amie for me to post personal e-mail addresses printed in these two ads. Maybe these items are listed on the website (http://www.recycler.com).

It also occurs to me - if you really want the C140, tenjeangosi, maybe I could pick it up for you and arrange with you to have it sent to you.

I am interensted in the C140. I will PM you...

Thanks

Joseph
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28