x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IrDA Generic Driver for CE 1.0 - A-11A

1 2
Gecko Slayer
Gecko Slayer Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 5:12 AM
#
I looked on the internet to find a way to connect my A-11A Device to my friend's phone so I could browse the internet at school. I found the IrDA Generic Driver, and I read with glee.... Until I found out it was for CE 2.0.... Is there a way to port this to CE 1.0? Because I really really want it... If this has been posted before, just tell me, I'll search better next time.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The problem is that I don't have the capability to wrap the program into an installer - and it needs an installer for registry settings.

What I can perhaps offer you instead is a trip to the HCL. Search it for Nokia 6210 and download the CE1 driver. That is similar in make-up to our one, and may give you the expected result.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gecko Slayer - 2005-09-28 11:12 AM

I looked on the internet to find a way to connect my A-11A Device to my friend's phone so I could browse the internet at school. I found the IrDA Generic Driver, and I read with glee.... Until I found out it was for CE 2.0.... Is there a way to port this to CE 1.0? Because I really really want it... If this has been posted before, just tell me, I'll search better next time.

don't worry it is a simple reg hack (tell me if you cannot find a regeditor for CE 1), and it is as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ExtModems

create new key here, name can be anything for example infrared

then you need to create the following values:

FriendlyName (String value): can be anything again, lets say infrared modem
you'll see this friendlyname in the modem list in remote networking when creating a new connection.

Port (String value again): COM3
DeviceType (decimal): 1

i think that's all you need to do. then just do a soft reset and after that you'll be able to select the infrared modem for connecting to the phone.

the exact phone model could be important as well, you might need special extra strings for it in remote networking.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 3:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

HCL download does it automatically along with a COM port probe to get the correct address.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-09-28 9:02 PM

HCL download does it automatically along with a COM port probe to get the correct address.

i'm perfectly aware of it
but who asked about it has CE 1.0.....

or if you mean the nokia driver: i heard bad things about it

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-28 6:35 PM
 Top of the page
Gecko Slayer
Gecko Slayer Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:26 AM
#
Thanks for your responses guys! I'll try them all out and respond asap... I'll even get around to signing up to these forums (These are one of hte only forums that aren't blocked at school!) I love the quick and helpful responses you give (Pretty much unlike any forum i've ever seen on here... )
 Top of the page
Gecko Slayer
Gecko Slayer Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:48 AM
#
Soz, can't use Edit command, if a mod/admin can merge these posts, I'd be grateful

Anyway, my friend uses a Sony Ericsson(sp?) and we've already tried the Nokia thingy, it didn't even try connecting to the fone.... I've just downloaded a CE reg editer and I'm about to test it out now
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 12:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex,
As I outlined in my original post, the download is the CE1 installer. This is the CE1 driver and the method is the same as the registry modification.

Gecko Slayer,
There for if you're having problems with the IR not being activated with the first one, there is a resource or hardware problem on one side.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gecko Slayer - 2005-09-29 11:48 AM

Soz, can't use Edit command, if a mod/admin can merge these posts, I'd be grateful

Anyway, my friend uses a Sony Ericsson(sp?) and we've already tried the Nokia thingy, it didn't even try connecting to the fone.... I've just downloaded a CE reg editer and I'm about to test it out now

sony ericsson should be easy if its for example a T68i, T610, 630.. if it's K700i, you might have problems. and i don't know the solution to this yet
 Top of the page
Gecko Slayer
Gecko Slayer Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 4:51 AM
#
Good, the registry thing didn't work either. lol, Oh well, that little 'project' didn't work out that well >.<
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 10:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you tell us which cell phone(s) you were trying to connect to?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-30 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gecko Slayer - 2005-09-30 10:51 AM

Good, the registry thing didn't work either. lol, Oh well, that little 'project' didn't work out that well >.<

what was the error message when you were trying to connect?

is it a K700i? or another model? it could be very important.
 Top of the page
Gecko
Gecko Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 9:36 PM
#
J200i
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gecko Slayer - 2005-09-30 10:51 AM

hm an idea again.. how far did you get with connecting?
 Top of the page
Gecko Slayer
Gecko Slayer Page Icon Posted 2005-11-07 2:48 AM
#
It done absolutely nothing, both the phone and the H/PC just sat there and done nothing >.<
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 25