x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PCMCIA CF Reader

RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 6:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So, I was rummaging around the internet and found that newegg is selling some Lexar Compact Flash readers. I checked the HCL and I don't believe it was in there.
I'm getting it regardless (I need it for a laptop as well). Any guesses if it'll work on a CE1 machine?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820191860
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 8:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

PCMCIA to CF adapters are pretty much straight pin adapters (i.e. it's just wires inside; wire Pin 1 of CF to Pin 1 of PCMCIA, and so on and so forth. No microcontrollers or fancy electronic stuff), so they should work in any PCMCIA slot.

I say "pretty much" a straight adapter, because there can be some trickiness with card operating voltages (i.e. 5 volt versus 3.3 volt PCMCIA). Some adapters do active voltage conversion, so you can use a 3.3V CF card in a PCMCIA slot that only supports 5V cards, but most don't. A lot of cards can handle either 3.3V or 5V though.
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-10-05 12:54 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2005-10-05 1:01 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

btrimmer - 2005-10-04 8:42 PM

PCMCIA to CF adapters are pretty much straight pin adapters

That makes sense; I've heard that being able to use removable hard drives was what PCMCIA was originally designed for.

Zapper - 2005-10-05 12:54 AM

You can get it for $5 here.

http://www.18004memory.com/cart/addcart.asp?Try=Yes&itemID=505231&i...

That's not a very happy link. Can you tell me how to navigate the site to get there?
Edit: I hacked around and got to the page. You should still explain it for others though

Edited by RandomInsano 2005-10-05 1:14 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29