x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

keyremap and java

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have two (or three?) questions.

one is that i would like to remap the keyboard of my new j720's i'm not english and would like to use some accented characters that are not directly accessible from the us keyboard

q. two is to do with java:
i have an app written in java (not by myself ), i used that on my psion earlier, and would like to continue using it on the jornada. i finally could get it to work after some time (given that i know nothing of java..), but i have to run it from command line, as i have no idea how to write some launching app for it. maybe even some icon for it in the start menu =) could someone help me please. i'm using the personal java (not that chaivm... horrible, and even horrible, no real help or readme file).
and another question about this.. i read somewhere here (?) that someone tried the jeode jvm on his/her jornada. where can i get it? personal java sometimes pops up a window about that infamous 1024 threads and java panic... otherwise the app works OK but maybe it would be more stabile with jeode?
i hope i didn't ask anything too silly..

many thanks!!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 6:42 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

As far as the java, if personaljava didn't work I don't know...But for the accented characters you can find a program that allows you to select one from a group of them...like in MS Word. I don't remember the one I saw at the moment, but if you go to http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html and you will find what you need.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 9:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi! =)

thanks for your answer!
i'll try to find that app, however real keyboard remapping would be nice. but this could be a solution too!

sorry if i wasn't clear enough: personal java works OK, i just wanted to know if there's another jvm so that i don't have to see those pop-ups about java panic time from time but it doesn't really matter, just curious because i read that someone _actually_ has the jeode for a hpc (???).

hmmm but can you use pjava (with javaide or whatever) for creating some launching app for a java application (instead of running it from command line)? i suppose you do some programming that's why i'm asking

thanks again!

cmonex
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

OK, thats it. The day that I get a chance I am gonna spend all night learning to program!!!
Yes, it does sound like I know how to program from earlier posts. I don't, but I understand how it works. I have learned little snippets of each, (yes even a tiny bit of assembly) but I have not yet learned enough to do anything with them. (Except Visual Basic...ugh...and Basic, which I know enough of to make some annoying programs )

I do not know java at all however ;( , but I do believe that you could make a simple script/batch file that could launch the program for you. For a batch file you would probably have to use the command line though. I don't know if this will work on CE, but I know on Linux you can essentially use a shortcut as a script by entering the full command that you would need. Wild guesses here though.

Good luck! OK now some developer help cmonex out. Chiark...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi =)
sorry then for asking!
but many many thanks for your idea, it works! i just had to create a standard .lnk file on the desktop with the whole command without any modification in it =)
really grateful
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Glad that worked out then. With no programming skills from me.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 11:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, you just shouldn't say that you have no skills, here's the proof that you do have
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 12:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hehe yes, I do have some sort of skill, I prefer to call it experience . But as far as programming, I made some calculator games...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

that's not bad!
what games, did you do some for the hpc-s too?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hehe by that I mean that I have some skill in BASIC, but the use of that kinda died about 15 years ago...though if anyone knows of a BASIC interpreter for CE I could have some fun...Unfortunately, I just found out today that my calculator ran out of power maybe even as much as a few months ago, so I guess the backup battery is now dead too so it seems that I lost my ridiculous text game for my 83+.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you're lucky you can find something here (where else?! ) http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/software/s_prog.html
i saw something about basic here... check it out! sorry if i'm wrong about it!
it's so sad about your game, i would have liked to have a look at it -.-
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

:Sigh: I never worked on it long enough to really get a scoring system in there, it was either kick or no kick, then you lose. It was fun though. (Perhaps staying on topic is really a problem for me unless if I make off-topic threads...)
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I did see nsbasic in there, but $150 is ridiculous for an interpreter, as I am learning c++ anyways.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry then, didn't check out the price
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol. You didn't have to...Yeah if anything its my fault for even talking about it, as I don't plan to use BASIC at all, as I will (finish) learning c++ when I have more than 2 hours to spend on it. (Yes Chiark, 2 lol) Although, anyone ever see WarGames, as I was planning to make the games on the WOPR. (in BASIC)

Edited by programsynthesiser 2004-12-08 11:11 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 27