x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 and VPN's

728 user
728 user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 4:52 AM
#
Is it possible to connect to a VPN with the Jornada 728 ?
I've tried via "Remote Networking" "make new connection", but whilst there is a Virtual Private Network button, doesn't allow password or user ID and seems to insist on trying to dial out using the address of the VPN as a dialing number, when I have a wireless Internet connection.
I see there was a "Windows CE 2.0 Network Service Pack (NSP)" in downloads, but my Jornada says the operating system is Microsoft Windows for Handheld PC 2000 ? is that Windows CE 2.0 ? Can I use the Service Pack ?
Any help gratefully received
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can't be more specific on the VPN I'm afraid, Clints having a think see if he can remember.

The NSP is for CE 2.00, HPC2000 is CE 3.00. HPC2000 has all the bits in it, so have the prior 3 CE releases.
 Top of the page
728 user
728 user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 9:31 AM
#
I'd be very grateful, frustrating me at the moment, anybody else out there using VPN with Jornada 728 ?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 10:42 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It might be useful if you to zip up a few files and email them through. I'll see if I can work out how to get you a list of what to send through. If you do that, we should be able to try what you're doing on a Jornada 720...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-06 2:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nick, what you smoking buddy?

ROM files remember
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9