x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Discussion Zone

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 6:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the link, I've already tried that. Looking for a sync program and reading that report was how I found this forum...

My Velo shows I have a connection, but I get a error message from my computer that I have an incompattable version of activesync. I'm thinking my problem is my UBS to Serial cable on COM4. I have ordered a serial card so I can plug directly to that. Guess we'll see.......

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 8:56 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes I tried syncing my Velo 1 with a USB serial and it did not work ... Do you have another computer with Windows 95, 98, or ME?
 Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 3:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

You know, sometimes the most obvious solutions are the ones most over looked.....duh!!

I'll connect my old ME computer to the LAN and I can sync that way...a little round about, but it will do until I get the new serial card installed in my computer.

Thanks for reminder...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:11 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

HPC Explorer should work on ME as it is windows 9x code... And if you mean sycing via LAn to your Velo, you cannot, unless it has been upgraded to Windows CE 2...
EDIT: Make sure that you are using HPC Explorer 1.1...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-09 9:12 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 12:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it knows what ActiveSync is, then it cannot be CE 1. I imagine that it has been upgraded to CE 2.0, in which case remove H/PC Explorer and install ActiveSync 3.8 (Support > Sync Soft).

See this article for info on confirming this:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0108.asp
 Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yep, I have CE 1.0 build 713-713

Where would I upgrade to 2.0??

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Philips does not offer it anymore, however try eBay every few days.. If you are fortunate you may find one...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 6:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

O.o
Do you have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on the PC at all then?
 Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I had it installed for a while until I read and figured out it would not work. It's removed now.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 4:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Now what happens when you try H/PC Explorer?
 Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

H/PC Explorer still will not work. The Velo knows its there, it turns on and connects, but H/PC Explorer wants me to tell it where the Velo is and the options I have does not include COM4. Maybe I need to see about re-configuring the USB to Serial port address. I have ordered a serial card (2 serial 1 parallel ports) so I can directly connect the docking cradle.

A bit of good news, I've been using rechargeable AA batteries in the Velo (charger and 6 packs of 4 batteries for $15.00+/- off eBay) which have been working great, but I was able to find a power supply for the Velo. I tried to see if it would recharge the AA rechargeables but no go.... So I thought what the heck, I put the old Philips battery pack, which has been sitting for over 5 years, back in and it showed charging. Let it work for 24 hours and I've been on the Philips battery pack for a little over 2 hours now and the meter still shows good.

It seemed to me when I last had this working right, you could have it attached to the power supply and in the docking cradle at the same time, but now it will not work/fit....... was I mistaken, or am I overlooking something?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

inspector3500 - 2006-03-15 6:59 AM
A bit of good news, I've been using rechargeable AA batteries in the Velo (charger and 6 packs of 4 batteries for $15.00+/- off eBay) which have been working great, but I was able to find a power supply for the Velo. I tried to see if it would recharge the AA rechargeables but no go....

you need to do a little hardware mod to get the velo to recharge the non original batts.

or just use an external ni-mh batt charger for them.. that's what i do.
 Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 5:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

little hardware mod to get the velo to recharge the non original batts.

What sort of hardware mod????

I thought about taking the old battery pack apart, but hate to do now with it working some what.

Edited by inspector3500 2006-03-18 5:08 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 6:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, it twigs finally:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1360&posts=4&highlight=infrared&highlightmode=1#M14541

The point of sending you there rather than to the article is so that you see my disclaimer on Windows Millennium.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9