x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Debian on Z50 problem installing

bpayne
bpayne Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 11:01 PM
#
I am trying to install Debian on my IBM Workpad Z50.. I found the site http://www.tux.org/~bball/z50/

I am installing on a 512mb CF card. I have followed the directions to fdisk the card and the Dos partition shows up, but I am unable to mount the EXT2 partition from either my Z50 (Install fails due to out of disk space) or my Fedora box (Putting the CF into a PCMCIA Adapter). The DOS partition mounts fine at either place.

The first 20mb is sliced off for MSDOS (fat16) and shows up fine as (/dev/hde1), but the rest of the drive partitioned and formated ext2 (/dev/hde2) will not mount.

Is there a geometry problem? Do I need to tell setup a specific geometry for the second partition? I'm lost. I did the mkfs command on both partitions and recieved no errors.. I have worked with linux for some time as a hobby, but am lost at this point.. Any help is much apreciated!!

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 11:36 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

It should not be /dev/hde. It should either be a scsi device (/dev/sda2 - sdc2, as it is the second partition), or as /dev/uba...

What is the fstab on the z50? And did you try formatting both partitions as FAT and see if it could be seen then? (CE will only see the first partition anyways, I think, but your pc itself could be having problems seeing the second partition.) What does it mount as on the pc? I would HOPE not as /dev/hde....that is completely wrong.

Try using cfdisk. It is easier for this kind of job.

EDIT: Wait, are you installing Debian or NetBSD? This does sound like more of a *BSD problem than a Debian one.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-10-15 11:39 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8