x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tranfering files via IRDA between HHPC and palm

JdeB
JdeB Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 11:36 AM
#
Does any one have successs intranfering files from a Palm to a HHPC using the infrared port.

Thanks for any help
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Will try tomorrow and let you know ... if its not too late.

But taking note that palm will sometimes go crazy when you try to send non pdb/prc files over. Although I think if any apps is registered to handle the custom format (eg txt files like memopad), the app will be triggered to do so.

From Palm to HPC, I think there will be less hassle, as the wince OS allows any kinda of file to be received (yes?).

What kinda files are you looking at specifically, so that my test will be meaningful to you. Contacts files or simply non-pdb data files?
 Top of the page
JdeB
JdeB Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 6:48 PM
#
Thanks for reply, I am trying to send plain text files. Adquired by the palm and to read them better in de 720.

Thanks
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 7:19 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

There is an app in the Windows directory for this...not irsquirt, but on my 720 there is a program called hppalmir, send to desktop as shortcut, start a transfer on ur palm, start the program on ur hpc, and it shuld work. I'll test with my clie later if I get AAA's.
 Top of the page
JdeB
JdeB Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 8:36 PM
#
Great hppalmir did the trick HPPC receives data from my treo with no problem.
I am new to hp-720 any other hidden goodies will be appreciated.
Thanks again.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8