x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Asleep or Dead 720

Dave K
Dave K Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 9:26 PM
#
At the airport coming come from out of town, I turned on my 720. It blinked and that was it. Thinking, I'd left it on and discharged the battery completely, I put it away. When I arrived home, I connected it to the charger. It wouldn't turn on. I'm becoming concerned at this point. After leaving it connected to the charger and replacing the backup (coin) cell, it still won't turn on.

Is there something I'm overlooking? I don't want to pronounce my 720 dead over something trivial. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 9:40 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Don't hpc's have like a 10,000 foot storage limit? Thats a lot lower than a plane, but the pressure in a plane I thought was different because you are in a cylinder...By any chance, was it well-padded on the flight? Keep playing around with it, but don't resort to light whacking until you've tried everything. (Hey, it sometimes brings things back to life)

Check the charger, I recently found mine had some plastic flying around in it (didn't open it, heard it but still works with the occasional hum) It would have taken a great deal of static in your body to kill it by pressing the on button...whatever you do, don't pronounce it as dead. If you don't find a solution here, try to send it to hp or something. These are solid machines...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-09 7:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you push the button with it on AC and lave it for 5 minutes does the suspend LED start blinking to show that it's gone into low power mode?
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2004-12-09 10:21 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

You've probably already tried these, but here are a few simple suggestions that have worked for me on occasion:

1. Press the dedicated function keys (explorer, outlook, etc.) and see if the unit "comes to life". Try each one separately.

2. Try a soft reset.

Good luck!

Mike
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10