x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking at an Ericsson MC12...

Telstar5
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 4:14 PM
#
I find lots of things in my dads flat. I use a Mac for most things because it mainly does the things I want to do best.

Anyway, I have an Olivetti Echos with InfraRed hardware activated. Windows 95 is installed. It has a Floppy and a CD ROM and two PCMICA (or whatever) slots. I want to use that for modems.

Then next to my little laptop, is an Ericsson MC12.
At a glance, its a nice machine with some good capabilities... One PCMICA slot and one CompactFlash drive that works, and comes with Windows CE 1.0 preinstalled.
I want to carry my little H/PC around with me, but a 9 year old handheld PC isnt going to be much use if I can get any use from it. My mother damaged the screen (scratches in one spot where she played Solitare for about 2 years) and I can still see it... Makes a nice word processer and I suppose an Internet browser. There is an enourmous issure with software for Windows CE 1.0.... But whatever there is I want. So can I get one of the windows ce apps off my laptop onto my H/PC using:

CompactFlash (ill find a USB reader so I can make it work with my mac, which is much more convinient)

InfraRed port

So any suggestions? Will I have to just say Bugger you MC12 and save up for a Colour Windows CE 2.0? Or should I just keep saying "its useless, only use it has is in a landfill"?

Any suggestions would be deeply appriciated

Telstar5 sariatv@gmail.com
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 4:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suggest you shop around the site a bit before asking such questions. Everything here is covered in the support section and I wrote an editorial a few months ago which coveres non-standard sync / connection methods. There is also an editorial on unusual 'on the road' connections by Jake Fisher.

Have a look, and welcome to the community.
 Top of the page
Telstar5
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 12:45 PM
#
Uhh... Can I have the link?

I tried sync via my infra red ports, but sadly it doesnt connect.
How do I sync via infrared? the laptop works fine but the H/PC is still shrouded in mystery.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-15 6:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8