x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Skype on Jornada 720

1 2 3 4 5 6
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 1:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I installed Skype for PPC 1.1.0.6 and I was able to reach the stage of starting Skype. Of course, there are still problems. As with others trying 1.0.0.21, the license agreement page appeared and clicking Accept showed no action. After the exec check, the remaining problems (after changing OS version from 4.0 to 3.0) center on coredll, aygshell, and iphlpapi. I am going to try more variants of the firt two, but I don't know if there are also variants of iphlpapi.dll.
Here are the error messages:
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1652
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1651
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1550
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1645
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1556
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1551
\Storage Card\Program Files\AYGSHELL.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 157
\Storage Card\Program Files\AYGSHELL.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 155
\Storage Card\Program Files\iphlpapi.dll doesn't export a function "IcmpCloseHandle"
\Storage Card\Program Files\iphlpapi.dll doesn't export a function "IcmpSendEcho"
\Storage Card\Program Files\iphlpapi.dll doesn't export a function "IcmpCreateFile"
 Top of the page
supervaags Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 2:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yes i have the same errors to.. if yo try the 13th agyshell you dont have errors about the agyshell only skype wont start up any more so thats useless..

i dont really think you have any chances, i tried some other dll's to but that din't worked out..
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well... doubtful, at least in the foreseeable future. It needs those iphlpapi functions. With the missing coredll and aygshell references supplied, it still doesn't work. I don't really know what version this is - the one I tried loaded, but said the audio hardware wasn't supported.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

isotherm - 2006-11-03 2:21 PM

Well... doubtful, at least in the foreseeable future. It needs those iphlpapi functions. With the missing coredll and aygshell references supplied, it still doesn't work. I don't really know what version this is - the one I tried loaded, but said the audio hardware wasn't supported.

Did you try Skype fo PPC 1.1.0.6 I am trying from www.download.com? Others tried 1.0.0.21 from the link within this topic. In my view, you are the most experienced in this area. If you think it's hard, newbies like me can only miss instead of hitting the target.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I searched Skype's own forum for Windows CE and got the following info. It might help. Here is the excerpts:

Hints:
1) Install the new Beta version of Skype for Pocket PC 2.1. This was released today and can be found here: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/mobile/21beta.html

2) If this doesn't help, the other tip should do the trick. In addition to shared.lck you should also find shared.xml, or something is wrong . Follow these steps to the point:

a) On the Pocket PC device, Start Skype and accept the EULA.
b) Quit the application when the Sign in dialog appears.
c) Now copy all files found in /Application Data/Skype on the Pocket PC device to the same folder on your Windows CE device.
d) Start Skype on your Windows CE device.
e) Hopefully, Skype should now recognize that you have already accepted the EULA and should not show it.

Of course, passing the EULA does not guarantee anything - if the EULA is blank, the rest of the application could have similar problems.

Thanks. I missed signing on to skype server. Once you do that it created shared.xml and copying that file made the difference. Now it doesn't show EULA.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It's interesting to note that start Skype and accept the EULA on a PPC to generate shared.lck and shared.xml and then copy those two files to a CE device. Who has a PPC and a HPC to test the trick if it solves the problem?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Maybe, if somebody can generate 2 such dummy files for others to plug in their own info like user name then they can pass that agreement page. The provision is that Skype does not record the info on its server but only in the files instead.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 9:23 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You only need to add <LicenseAccepted>1</LicenseAccepted> to the shared.xml file to bypass the license agreement screen. But that doesn't fix anything, as the program still flashes on and disappears. Assuming that it got running and stayed open, it seems likely that the missing functions in iphlpapi would stop the show for what most people want to use it for (voice communication).
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

isotherm - 2006-11-03 6:23 PM

You only need to add <LicenseAccepted>1</LicenseAccepted> to the shared.xml file to bypass the license agreement screen. But that doesn't fix anything, as the program still flashes on and disappears. Assuming that it got running and stayed open, it seems likely that the missing functions in iphlpapi would stop the show for what most people want to use it for (voice communication).

I checked shared.xml under \Skype and somehow I already had the tag. So, the license agreement page is no longer a problem. The funny thing is that shared.lck was empty. I tried to replace the existing coredll.dll, but I hesitated to do so. The reason is that the file does not show up even I set the folder options to show hidden files while the system did prompt me if I'd like to replace the existing coredll.dll when I tried to put one under \Windows. I guess the file is in ROM. Replacing the file in ROM may result in other problems. In principle, using the right coredll, aygshell, and iphlpapi may solve the problem. But where are the right ones? Or, I look forward to your WM2003 compatibility layer.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 1:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't think it actually replaces the coredll.dll file in ROM - I believe it actually runs it on top of the one in ROM. If you delete it, the original one resumes being used. But you may still have problems while the new one is running on top of the original one, because other apps will then use the new one too, and they might not work. What about renaming the coredll.dll that you want to use for Skype as coredl2.dll (or something like that), and hexediting the Skype executable accordingly?

Edited by CE Geek 2006-11-05 1:23 AM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Coredll is a weird animal. It does a lot of its calls by generating page faults. Plopping in a newer one from PB4.2 or another source can have strange results indeed, depending what calls a program uses. As for iphlpapi, I don't think a proper one exists at this time.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CAuser - 2006-11-05 6:52 AM

I checked shared.xml under \Skype and somehow I already had the tag. So, the license agreement page is no longer a problem. The funny thing is that shared.lck was empty. I tried to replace the existing coredll.dll, but I hesitated to do so. The reason is that the file does not show up even I set the folder options to show hidden files while the system did prompt me if I'd like to replace the existing coredll.dll when I tried to put one under \Windows. I guess the file is in ROM. Replacing the file in ROM may result in other problems. In principle, using the right coredll, aygshell, and iphlpapi may solve the problem. But where are the right ones? Or, I look forward to your WM2003 compatibility layer.

shared.lck is empty, that is right, same on my qtek 9000 (wm5, skype does work).

coredll needs to be renamed to coredl2.dll or similar and skype edited accordingly. you cannot use it any other way.
but here's the bad news, usually a cenet coredll won't work on hpc2000.

skype itself does work on cenet.

isotherm - 2006-11-05 8:25 AM

Coredll is a weird animal. It does a lot of its calls by generating page faults. Plopping in a newer one from PB4.2 or another source can have strange results indeed, depending what calls a program uses. As for iphlpapi, I don't think a proper one exists at this time.

at this time
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 5:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-11-05 12:12 AM

Really? IIRC, in your coredll ZIP file you suggested that several of the coredll versions there had a good chance of working in H/PC 2000. Have you done some further testing since then?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 7:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-11-05 11:24 AM

cmonex - 2006-11-05 12:12 AM

Really? IIRC, in your coredll ZIP file you suggested that several of the coredll versions there had a good chance of working in H/PC 2000. Have you done some further testing since then?

you remember incorrectly.

what i wrote was this:

"all hexedited to CPU normal ARM (c0 01) and OS Version 3.0 so you can try them on hpc2000 too but i don't necessarily promise success. these are primarily meant for ce.net devices!
why can this be important...? for example the cenet 4.2 aygshell will sometimes work with hpc2000 but only if it doesn't require a cenet coredll. if it does, well you need to be more lucky (may still work, not for me, so far)."

the only case i've ever seen a cenet coredll work partially is netfront 3.3's java vm. and even there, the cenet coredll may have only provided a missing export that is called on launch of the jvm but not really used. or, when sometimes it does get used, it will crash netfront. i think so because the jvm doesn't fully work on hpc2000, i've experienced such crashes. (where it does work 100% on cenet.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 3:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I stand corrected. I recalled your saying that one of the sets of CE 4.x .net DLLs had been hexedited for H/PC 2000. Can't recall which one it was, though, if it wasn't that one. (I seem to recall trying one of the coredll files in my J728 - didn't crash, but I don't recall if it worked.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-11-05 3:21 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9