x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Menu problems with Pocket PC apps in H/PC 2000

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 3:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No luck. NVD 2.01 won't work at all - after choosing the settings and soft resetting, I just got a gray screen that wouldn't go away, so I had to soft reset again to get everything back to normal. Uninstalled 2.01 and installed 3.22; the display turns 90 degrees just fine, but the dummy menus are still there. Oh, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess. Back to the idea of recompiling aygshell.dll. (I've been checking the thread you started on that, but it doesn't look like we're getting any bites thus far.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oops. now i realize i mistunderstood the question. it of course won't solve this issue, only the one where the menus don't show completely
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 3:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

After all this, I found out that I had the wrong aygshell. By putting the standard 16.5k aygshell from cmonex' site in each app folder, I am now getting working menus in most of the apps that had had the above-described menu problems. The ones that still have dummy menus appear to be limited to apps written in Visual Basic. (And none of those dummy menus include either "Temp" or "foo." )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 9:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to hear you sorted this out
i recommend trying the newest 22k aygshell too.
if you find all your programs need only one kind of aygshell, you can put that into /windows, just dont forget about it later if you're again experimenting with new stuff!
i do need more than one aygshell so i use local dirs.
and if you want to run two programs simultaneously and they each need a different aygshell - you'll have to hexedit
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 11:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

BTW: Cmonex, could you write the dates of addition on your site? It's great, but eg. I still don't know, if you have updated MIPS GAPI to the version I've found working...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

stasheck - 2006-04-06 5:47 PM

BTW: Cmonex, could you write the dates of addition on your site? It's great, but eg. I still don't know, if you have updated MIPS GAPI to the version I've found working...

not a bad idea currently i just tell about the latest updates, but if you check the site often enough that should help i'll keep this in mind for the future updates though!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 11:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-04-06 6:08 AM

glad to hear you sorted this out
i recommend trying the newest 22k aygshell too.

IIRC, I tried that one (number 13 I believe?), as well as each of the others, but my recollection is that only the standard 16.5k one worked fully. (Some of the others allowed the apps to open, but the menu bar was missing completely.)

cmonex - 2006-04-06 6:08 AM
if you find all your programs need only one kind of aygshell, you can put that into /windows, just dont forget about it later if you're again experimenting with new stuff!
i do need more than one aygshell so i use local dirs.
and if you want to run two programs simultaneously and they each need a different aygshell - you'll have to hexedit

I'm always experimenting (let's face it, it's necessary nowadays with H/PC 2000), so I hesitate to let the current apps point to \Windows. I keep the entire collection of DLLs in two folders on the Storage Card (\aygshells and \dlls) on both my H/PC 2000 devices, so I'm always ready to start tweaking. It's getting more fun every day!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 1:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I may have found an explanation for the "foo" menu entry:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dn...

Check the middle of the page.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 8:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

not bad, but i don't see the explanation (as it isn't there. only the program was named foo)

it is nice that microsoft tried to make cenet 4.2 more compatible they did succeed. it is very cool when you don't have to do ANY tweaks.. just install ppc program and run it. not even an aygshell.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.173 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9