x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HELP!!! QUIXCK!

Telstar5 logged oif
Telstar5 logged oif Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 4:31 PM
#
Ive got my H/pc obn the internet and im typing this on it... Now I need some software that i can download using the H/PC and use it... Any help? Im using an SH3 prosesser... Now I cant sync my H/PC at all, so this is the last thing i could do... Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 4:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Virtually all CE 1 software comes in a host installer, so you'll be out of luck. Joe BLow's site is probably your best bet for a few utility apps, but a lot of the links there are starting to die.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-11 10:37 PM

Virtually all CE 1 software comes in a host installer, so you'll be out of luck. Joe BLow's site is probably your best bet for a few utility apps, but a lot of the links there are starting to die.

virtually all?! i disagree... ive got a lot of nice small exes here that arent host installers....

joe blows site isnt the best bet, that would rather be tucows, pocketpccity and earlier cearchives (that one is no good any more since they rearranged everything so much harder to find CE stuff there)
oh and on joe's site, a few of the dead links can still be found as their contents is still online, just at a different link.

oh and i already listed the more important links several times, with a guide what to watch out for on tucows and ppccity
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 5:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I cannot name any CE 1 commercial software which comes in a lose exe or on-device installer.

Anyway, it's not everyone who has the time to suffer tucows.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

welll this stuff is all freeware but very useful i keep them on a little CF card, they work just fine on CE 2 too

i just found my post about downloading 1.0 and 2.0 softs from pocketpccity...

...the links sometimes are a bit tricky, as the main program categories for hpc (not hpc pro! but wince 1.0 and 2.0) are linking to the hpc pro categories. but you simply remove the "pro" bit from the url, and you'll get the original hpc categories and after that they're linked correctly. ...

oh i see only now what you wrote about tucows, i think it isnt too bad if you pay attention to the name of the file you're about to download ..

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-11 5:17 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 11 - Executed queries : 60