x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEW version of Netfront 3.3 Technical Preview

1 2
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Looks like there is a new version of the Netfront 3.3 Technical Preview Package out. I believe the new version pushes back the suicide date another year. Anyone want a stab at getting this to run? I think Cmonex got the last version working.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 4:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe i'll have a look at it
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Please do. You are a regular wizard with getting these apps to behave. I am really liking Netfront 3.3 and really don't want to have to go back to 3.0 come January 1st. If you want I can send you the cab file so that you don't have to go through the process of filling out all those stupid web forms.

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 1:16 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Suicide and stab almost right after each other... nice.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What can I say, I am a morbid SOB.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2005-12-20 6:52 AM

Please do. You are a regular wizard with getting these apps to behave. I am really liking Netfront 3.3 and really don't want to have to go back to 3.0 come January 1st. If you want I can send you the cab file so that you don't have to go through the process of filling out all those stupid web forms.

yeah i'd like the cab..

just send it to my email address (maybe along with a reply to my last email lol)
 Top of the page
J-J Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all, as already mentioned on another place, I used to be a regular HPC user since 98, started with C2010c and stopped with a j720 1 1/2 year ago I suggested to be kind of firm in hacks and usage - but now as I re-entered with the MP900, I really feel like a fellow newbie again
quite a bunch of new dll's out meawhile and had to keep track which version is which
So just as a "warning" - will be certainly back more often with some dumb questions, ha..

... but with Netfront I went the easy way and downloaded the 3.3 pack kindly offered ready to install - BUT..... not sure if I still did something wrong, but with NF33 installed the ability to soft reset the MP900 is lost :? I mean not only that it does not auto-reset after install, also the soft-reset button is no longer actioning anything.... The only way to overcome is a hard-reset!
Is anyone else having this issue and known a workaround ? would it be gone with the earlier 3.0 version? Thanks for any hints and greetings - Jens
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

J-J - 2005-12-27 12:27 AM

Is anyone else having this issue and known a workaround ? would it be gone with the earlier 3.0 version? Thanks for any hints and greetings - Jens

you're J-J from the ppcmag forums right? i remember you having problems with the internal flash disk...
hrm...
you sure it is caused by NF 3.3? if it happens again (after installing NF 3.3 or not) you could try and remove the main battery (and hard reset again!) and use the 900 on AC (still without main battery!) and try NF 3.3 then. if it doesn't help then it might not be a hardware fault. (i don't want to get you scared!! it should not be a serious problem if it's the hardware, can be fixed probably)
also try NF 3.0, i don't remember it ever causing problems with the soft reset ability when i had a HPC2000 900 (i have the 900c with ce.net on it now).

btw i too have a 2010c (well it is the version without the modem, 2000c), sweet little hpc though it is outdated of course
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

another idea. next time you install 3.3 (btw i'll make a new hack for the new version, this one will expire soon), and if it again disables the reset button (and it's been confirmed it is not a hardware problem), you can just copy the whole NF folder to a storage card or to the PC, and hard reset and copy the folder back without a real reinstall.
let us know if it worked.
 Top of the page
J-J Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

yepp... it's me again, I try to keep the log in so one may recognize

well, I definitely suggest it is caused by NF3.3 - it has happened in the first place when I forgot to read the "read me" first and just copied the files downloaded from your pages. It started with the "creating environment.." - then the window came up saying "..you need to soft reset", tapped OK and nothing happened.
(NF3.3 allthough well worked somehopw..) trying to soft reset then "manually" by pressing the button did not help neither...
OK, then I went thru the readme and noted that I should have run the original cab first, so after the hard reset went thru the installation again as it was said - but the very same issue...
It purely happens with NF installed, otherwise soft reset just works fine again. Strange but that's how it is.
Will give it a try with 3.0, but what are the actual differences between these versions? I would be ready to buy the commercial one, if it is really worth to do and of course - working properly..

Jens

as for the C2010c - oh yes, has been a nice machine at that time and the only one with integrated modem, finally upgraded to 2.11 it did quite well for nearly two years travelling with me. But the j720 was even nicer and I am still not sure if it has been a good idea to sell.. the capabilities of the MP900 in a j720/728 design would probably the perfect match. but still too sad HP (and everyone else) dropped this line of machines
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange...

i don't know why it does this. maybe you could try my second suggestion.

3.3 renders some pages better than 3.0. try 3.0 and see what it is like

perfect match? maybe check out the sig3 ? hardly larger than a J728.
 Top of the page
J-J Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-12-27 12:44 PM

oh yes, I would do, but hardly possible to get one - close to nil here in Germany

but I would already be a step happier if I could get my hands on a CE.net upgrade..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 6:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

J-J - 2005-12-27 11:10 PM

cmonex - 2005-12-27 12:44 PM

oh yes, I would do, but hardly possible to get one - close to nil here in Germany

but I would already be a step happier if I could get my hands on a CE.net upgrade..

oh don't worry, many people have a sig3 in germany and the greatest sigmarion support is available on german forums... wooo hooo
check out conics.net it's around 450$ there with a one month warranty.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Any update on getting the newest trial version to work, Cmonex? I was celebrating new year's last night until I suddenly realized that Netfront 3.3 had just killed itself
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hrm, did you ever sent that cab file?
if you can1t find it, i'll just download the exe, but it would be much easier for me to have the cab
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10