x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Question about battery life/suspend of Jornada 720

Guest Page Icon Posted 2004-12-16 10:29 PM
#
Is it safe to not use my Jornada 720 for a period of 3 weeks? When I return will the battery be toast? I do not want to reinstall from the backup image, because some apps need to be reinstalled from the master disks. I would bring my Jornada 720, but am afraid I will not have any use for it on my vacation. My Palm like usual will go along. Its powerful PIM, and PocketQuicken software, and its incredible battery life make it the machine of choice for PIM use to tens of millions. The HPC is a nice machine for niche tasks.

Or should I bring it along, just to make sure that the batteries remain charged? Thanks...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Guest - 2004-12-16 8:29 PM

Is it safe to not use my Jornada 720 for a period of 3 weeks? When I return will the battery be toast? I do not want to reinstall from the backup image, because some apps need to be reinstalled from the master disks. I would bring my Jornada 720, but am afraid I will not have any use for it on my vacation. My Palm like usual will go along. Its powerful PIM, and PocketQuicken software, and its incredible battery life make it the machine of choice for PIM use to tens of millions. The HPC is a nice machine for niche tasks.

Or should I bring it along, just to make sure that the batteries remain charged? Thanks...

From what I know, yes, it would be flat ... three weeks is a tad too long. But you could put it on ac charging if you are afraid. Just helps to kill a few more trees ... ... or you could get a solar panel and keep it charing ...
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 1:00 PM
#
This is where I miss the alkaline based units.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8