x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Upgrading Win CE 2.0

1 2
jam4me Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a HP 660Lx. I have applied win ce SP1 as well as win ce nsp1. Is there any place you are aware of that could provide a ROM upgrade or patch or patches to upgrade the system to win ce 3.0.

My system has a SH3 processor.

I've searched on Google and this site but can't seem to find anything.

Please help if you have a solution as I'm in love with this "clunker"!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 3:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

jam4me,

Welcome to the forum.
Alas the news doesn't fair good for you. CE3 (HPC2000) is a big no no. The device couldn't cope with it. There is also the matter of no HPC2000 sh3 software being available if it were.

The 660LX does have a ROM upgrade to CE 2.11 (H/PC Pro), which you can occasionally find on eBay.
hp will no longer sell them - even though they hold inventory.

Happy hunting.
 Top of the page
jam4me Page Icon Posted 2004-12-23 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the reply. If I can at least get to CE 2.11 I will be able to use some of the newer programs that are out.

Thanks again
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 8:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I also have jornada 660lx, and was severely dissapointed when I heard that HP didn't offer the upgrade anymore, however, I have found an mpeg player and a wireless lan card for it, so I am happy.
 Top of the page
Unknown User
Unknown User Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 12:27 AM
#
Yeah it would definitely be cool to see somebody come up with a program that plays MP4's for the Win CE 2.0 HP620LX SH3 series. the size of the files are so small alowing for more storage of them on a standard flash card. I got that HUM MP3 player but the buffer rate is what keeps it from playing well. I only have 16MB internal RAM

Wishes it was easy to upgrade it to 32MB.

Currently i have a 15MB flash card but i want to purchase a 512 or higher for it, a wireless network card and whatever else kind of upgrade goodies i could do with it.

I have had mine for a few years but haven't been using it till recently.

What is a list of things i could do to upgrade and enhance the proformance and what great software is out their that i may not know about?

I would also love to find a place where i can get wallpapers from that are already made to the perfect resolution for my HP620LX like "ProgramSynthesiser" member icon.

Looks like he has his upgraded with good software and some cool wallpapers and what madel is that?

Thanks for any help i could get.

Unknown User
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 7:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MP4 files have a higher compression ratio than MP3, so would perform worse than MP3 on the CPU under a 2.00 device.

There are the CE 2.0 SP1 and NSP, avaialble from Patching & Updates, which improve performance and add networking support.
Compatible Hardware addons can be found by going through the HCL from hardware, and preformatted wallpapers from the themes section.

PS is using a Jornada 720.
 Top of the page
Anaya
Anaya Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 12:30 PM
#
What does the 2.11 upgrade consist of? It is a ROM upgrade on a CD-ROM? Or is it a component that plugs into the unit???

Thanks guys!

Edited by Anaya 2005-04-13 12:31 PM
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

As far as I know they are chips that plug in where the ROM is. Am I right C:Aime?

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 2:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

For the 660lx, it is a physical chip replacement, to CE 2.11 HPC Pro 3.0. More or less the same as the Jornada 680
 Top of the page
Uknown User
Uknown User Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 4:26 PM
#
Well, i am very new to this forum and has taken a look around before asking a question so that i'm not wasting anybodies time but couldn't find the "themes section and Patching & Updates" forums.

Links or specific directions would be appereciated.

Thanks for any help.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Uknown User - 2005-04-13 4:26 PM

Well, i am very new to this forum and has taken a look around before asking a question so that i'm not wasting anybodies time but couldn't find the "themes section and Patching & Updates" forums.

Links or specific directions would be appereciated.

Thanks for any help.

That's right, UU, it's not in the forums, because you'll find almost everything right here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/

But if you can't find what you're looking for there, you can always come back here and ask; we have lots of experts here, you know, experts, the ones who know more and more about less and less; and I'm sure someone will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Cheers!
 Top of the page
Unknown User
Unknown User Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 4:51 PM
#
Ok, i found the sections i needed, thanks anyways.

Unknown User
 Top of the page
Anaya
Anaya Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 5:43 PM
#
Not to thread-jack, (well I guess it's relevant) does the 620LX have an available ROM upgrade as well?

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 6:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Same chip as the 660LX
 Top of the page
Unkonwn User
Unkonwn User Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 8:16 PM
#
What do yall think about SH-4 Processor vs MIPS 4000?

I'm looking at the Compaq Aero 8000 or the Vadem Clio C-1000 and was wonder from your prespective what would be a better purchase.

As far as processing power, ability to play media files like videos and MP3s or maybe even MP4s and upgrades like maybe a CD ROM and internal memory or software upgrades.

Thanks for any advice.

UU
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.216 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12