x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

just a little fun trying to get ppc apps to work on my 780

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as the title says

recently someone gave a MP780 away to me.. so why not experiment with MIPS ce 2.11!!

SH3 is a no go currently, this may change though.. until that my poor J680 just sits there waiting

no real success yet as i haven't tried anything viable, only hopeless cases

screenshots to follow

(image001.jpg)

(image003.jpg)

(image004.jpg)

(image005.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image001.jpg (26KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments image003.jpg (38KB - 9 downloads)
Attachments image004.jpg (20KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments image005.jpg (36KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 2:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I've been hunting for a ce2.11 stub dll package for ages. I'm sure (hey, if Linux can replace CE) that some enterprsing soul could cobble together a major hack to allow ce 3.0 stuff to run on 2.11. There may not be much ram left when all is said and done but what the heck if it works.

If/when that happens the 2.11 devices are suddenly as useful as any hpc2k device.

Have fun and good luck. Maybe you'll stumble on the breakthrough we need.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-12-26 8:59 PM

I've been hunting for a ce2.11 stub dll package for ages. I'm sure (hey, if Linux can replace CE) that some enterprsing soul could cobble together a major hack to allow ce 3.0 stuff to run on 2.11. There may not be much ram left when all is said and done but what the heck if it works.

If/when that happens the 2.11 devices are suddenly as useful as any hpc2k device.

Have fun and good luck. Maybe you'll stumble on the breakthrough we need.

there were a few ce 2.11 aygshells, i'm not sure i can find them, but it's no big deal, just change OS version of the ce3 ones. i don't know what the problem was with acrobat reader, it would start, i could click yes to accept the license agreement and then this screenshot. execheck runs fine after an OS version change (done manually as i have no mips hpc2000 device yet... YET ) but it can't tell me if acrobat has any problems or not, except the OS version. maybe mfcce300 can't so easily be downported?

anyway you'd just need to write and compile the CE3 core stuff, and port that to 2.11... now it would be a big job to do of course. or at least create better dummies for hpc2000

i created another thread on this recently in the developer forum section, requesting recompile of an aygshell source. that could help too, especially if someone can recompile it for SH3 too.

breakthrough... if i had the capabilities of a c++ programmer!

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-26 3:43 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 5:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You're getting me excited.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 6:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

THis might lead to finally getting Pocket PC Programs working on Palm Size PCs running CE 2.11..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 6:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A few of them do already (with 2.11 aygshells included), and a few others have 2.11 Palm-size PC versions (though they're hard to find - I've been dredging the Net for them from time to time).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 7:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-27 12:40 AM

A few of them do already (with 2.11 aygshells included), and a few others have 2.11 Palm-size PC versions (though they're hard to find - I've been dredging the Net for them from time to time).

what 2.11 aygshells do you have? can you send them to me? i would like to experiment with them! thanks

(and getting you even more excited then )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 2:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'll have to do some digging - most of my install files are still on my former notebook computer, which is in a coma right now. I'll see if I can find them on the devices (fortunately I have Total Commander on both of them). Stay tuned.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-27 8:37 AM

I'll have to do some digging - most of my install files are still on my former notebook computer, which is in a coma right now. I'll see if I can find them on the devices (fortunately I have Total Commander on both of them). Stay tuned.

thanks i'm looking forward to your success
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not having much luck thus far - no CAB files left on my Cassiopeias, and unfortunately I can't recall which programs I installed from dual-interface single install files. Looking on my old notebook will require a data transfer cable (which I have) and a flashlight (cuz the backlight is dead). I also have to be careful because that computer is infected with a virus worse than the bird flu. It'll take some time (of which I have little to spare right now).

But, hang on a sec. The aygshell.dll file on both my Cassiopeias appears unmodified. Both show it as 17.3k, last modified 1/18/99. Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the aygshell file generates the apps' screen interface. (That's why I assumed that multiple-interface installers would have modified aygshell files included.) Should I be looking for other types of system files?

Oh, and by the way, I thought you were trying to tweak CE 3.0 apps to work in 2.11. How would other 2.11 files help? Will they give you hints on how to tweak the 3.0 apps, or would inserting other 2.11 files bridge the connection needed in the apps themselves to port them back to 2.11?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 2:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

This is a bit off-topic, however, is there anyway to tweak Palm-Sized PC apps on to H/PC 2.0?

On topic: Like cmonex, I am interested in your progress...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 4:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I assume that would only be possible if the Palm-size PC apps are compatible with CE 2.0. Unless I'm mistaken, your Nino 300 is 2.11, so unless you have the version info for a given app, it'd likely be a trial-and-error operation (which can sometimes be fun if you have time on your hands). I'm currently looking at a Nino 210 on eBay, which I believe is a CE 2.0 device.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-28 10:29 AM

I assume that would only be possible if the Palm-size PC apps are compatible with CE 2.0. Unless I'm mistaken, your Nino 300 is 2.11, so unless you have the version info for a given app, it'd likely be a trial-and-error operation (which can sometimes be fun if you have time on your hands). I'm currently looking at a Nino 210 on eBay, which I believe is a CE 2.0 device.

the nino 300 is CE 2.0 afaik.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-28 6:40 AM

But, hang on a sec. The aygshell.dll file on both my Cassiopeias appears unmodified. Both show it as 17.3k, last modified 1/18/99. Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the aygshell file generates the apps' screen interface. (That's why I assumed that multiple-interface installers would have modified aygshell files included.) Should I be looking for other types of system files?

Oh, and by the way, I thought you were trying to tweak CE 3.0 apps to work in 2.11. How would other 2.11 files help? Will they give you hints on how to tweak the 3.0 apps, or would inserting other 2.11 files bridge the connection needed in the apps themselves to port them back to 2.11?

oh i'm just curious.. who knows what use they'll have... if not more then i can run pspc apps on hpc pro and hpc2000 but maybe it could be of even more use..!

yes, aygshell is responsible for the ppc GUI. i don't think the installers had modified aygshells, that would make no sense. dunno really.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-12-28 2:29 AM

I'm currently looking at a Nino 210 on eBay, which I believe is a CE 2.0 device.

Well, my Nino 300 is a very nice device. However, the absence of a file explorer and Pocket Office, with Outlook as the exception is a bit hard to deal with... Also, I have been looking at the Casio E-15 for a while now...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 28