x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Touch screen is off everytime I do a reset

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-18 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi folks, is it normal for the touch screen to be off calibration everytime I do a reset? Doesn't the saved calibration info get loaded or used when I do a reset?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 7:05 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Are you doing a hard reset without knowing it? Some devices do that when soft-reset...(My old hpc, now identified as a compaq 810, did that once, but it never needed to be reset...)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 7:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Most people notice when thier HPC's hard reset.. something about all their data being missing
Not it isn't normal, howevever it is a common problem I'm afraid. Usually to do with the digitiser membrane. Incidentally have you tried hardresetting it as RAM corruption could potentially cause failures like this
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hehe C:Amie
Anyways, I would definitely do a hard reset anyway. And by this I don't mean the way I do it *wink* by taking out the battery and the backup one, then putting the normal one back in to see a prompt asking me if I want to format my ram....I mean leaving it out for 30mins. You will be glad that you did it anyway, I didn't do it when I got mine at first and it had some problems, the hard reset fixed them.

You could also try to make a script that could load the backed up registry key (you would have to back it up yourself) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH\CalibrationData.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-28 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ya ... I would notice if I did a hard reset!

Strangely the problem has more or less disappeared. Maybe my tweaking of the pcmcia drivers had to do with it. Thanks all for your replies!

btw, the new Clio NXT (or something) is up for preorder from Jan, and is going for $799!! ... hmmm .... ....
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-28 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Personally I would have more fun with an older hpc. (nec mp790, compaq 810-2010c, jornada's...)

Glad your problem is fixed, weird things like that happen a lot...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10