x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

will pay to have Linux installed on my Z50

chrome
chrome Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 9:38 PM
#
I can send you my Z50 and microdrive and whatever else is necessary. email me at chrome98nospam@yahoo.com (please remove the "nospam" in the address with price and details.

Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 9:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What flavor of Linux do you want installed? By the way, I am sure some of our 'Linux' experts can give you directions, etc...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 11:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would be a lot more comfortable with this proposition on the behalf of our members if you formalised this by registering and posting in hpcBay using a REQ: prefix.

Anyone who helps you need that cover, and you should do it visually so that you have some safeguard over the transaction - proof that you ever sent the z50 for example.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 11:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It's not that hard; and if you cannot do it yourself, odds are you wont make much use of the system anyhow :-)
Also, regarding validity, maybe consider getting an account here! Best of luck!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 12:40 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I think that I would speak for the few of us Linux experts here that installing Linux on someone elses system is a royal pain...

I would recommend to just find some spare weekend, and dig in. Unfortunately, Linux for these platforms is not yet a simple install. (Ok, that is an understatement, I know)
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 7:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

If people thinks that installing linux in a z50 is not that difficult I would like to hear what kernel they have compiled and booted(other than linux-vr). Very keen to try!!!
I and some people with more knowledge tried and failed, z50 is not easy, not active developments that I am aware of for MIPS VR4121(other than maintainance on the linux-mips kernel) and the only 'nix that goes without problems is netbsd-hpcmips.

I got a new (new for me!!) j720 and I am waiting for the progress of PM in his linux distribution

Cheers
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 9:05 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You can always post whatever to my distro's thread, although I know that there will not be much response until I get that beta out.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27