x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Some old WinCE1 Stuff. Alot to read, but there's a reward at the end.

1 2
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 8:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,
I USED to have a Compaq C120 WinCE1 device back in the late 90's. but when I moved to california in 97 it disappeared along with alot of other cool gadgets I had packed in a box marked 'electronics'. Oddly enough, it was the only box missing. Well, I filed the appropriate paperwork with the shipper, and needless to say, it's now almost ten years later, and I've all but given up hope of ever hearing anything from the shipper.
Ever since then, when I move, I've decided to mark my boxes containing gadgets with 'soiled undies and used rubbers'. So far so good. But I digress...

I used to love that little computer! I used it mainly for simple spreadsheets and word docs. It was small. I liked having a keyboard. And I really didn't need color. And the battery life was pretty good. Much better than my laptop. It did everything I needed it to. But alas, it's gone. I've since upraded to an Ipaq PocketPC 3600 series. yes, I was one of the first to buy one. And it's been great. I've upgraded the battery, expanded the memory and loaded tons of mp3s on it. It's a great little PDA and multimedia machine. Its been very reliable and a trusted friend since 2001. But I noticed that I dont do my budget on it, or do wordprocessing or write software. (I used to love to program in BASIC). Thats when I realized that while the ipaq is a much better machine for alot of stuff. it didnt really fill the need that my little c120 used to. I have a laptop, to do that stuff now, but it's big and bulky and has to 'boot up', etc. Just not the same. Anyway, to make a long story even longer, I decided to see if I could find one of these little c120's on ebay. And wouldnt ya know it, I found one for $15! Cool! So, as I sit here and wait for my c120 to show up, I was digging thru some old boxes and I found the cable and the CD for it. Woohoo! Now we're in business! Right now, you're probably asking yourself, (if your still reading this) "Is there a point to this excruciatingly long story?". yes, there is. I also found a bunch of old stuff I had downloaded for this machine. I don't really remember what it is. But I've put it online to share with everyone here. I happened upon this site while I was looking for info and software for my c120 when it gets here. This is a great site and resource for people like me that love their little c120 machines. I've been looking and there doesn't seem to be alot of stuff out there for these things so I was greatfull to find you guys. I just hope that maybe you guys will find something usesful in my old stuff. I've made it available on my server for you to pick thru. There's no fancy webpage or anything. Just a link to a directory on my hard drive. I leave my computer on all the time so it's always online. Please feel free to rummage around and let me know if there's anything useful, or interesting that you find there. I would just like to contribute what little I can to the software available for WinCE 1.0x. The link is... http://ce1stuff.pm0.org

Thanks,
Paul Martinez

Edited by paulm64 2006-01-22 8:32 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Such youthful enthusiasm, reminds me of myself when I started win CE1 only to find that nothing existed. Sigh, such a long time ago now.

Good job on the repository, welcome back to the community and welcome to HPC:Factor.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ah ... the tales of memories lost and found...

You've got a bundle in your share there ...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 9:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Great site ... I like CE 1.0, I might try some of the programs on my Velo...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-22 9:30 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

It's great to uncover lost treasures!

Thanks for the tip. Next time I move I'll label my electronics "stool samples."

I enjoyed your story and share similar tales. Welcome to the most intelligent group of em, diehards, I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ive downloaded everything great stuff, thanks
 Top of the page
Telstar5 (lazy)
Telstar5 (lazy) Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 3:36 PM
#
Dude, youre a lifesaver. I always carry my electronics and computers in my mommas car or my Ericsson MC12 in my pocket.

Youthful enthusiasm? I'm always optimistic. I'm thinking of developing for the CE 1.0 platform so that 100 (or something) H/PC gets used.

I'm doing what the guy above is doing. I bet in a months time this site will be gone like the rest. I think my archive is coming along quite nicely!
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Um... This might be due to the fact that I use the Macintosh platform but I cannot actually acsess anything. I click the link and it says in the title bar "My old WinCE1.0 stuff" and it just sits there, the load bar not moving. Is there any other way to get to these files?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i can send them to you if you really cant get to them+
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sounds like a plan. If you could put everything on there (or the whole site that you downloaded) into a .zip file or .tar then I could upload it to my Geocities archive.... id be very grateful indeed.

My email adress is sariatv@gmail.com
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sent an email!
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cheers mate.

I hope it's good!
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

In response to your email, I remember now that I only have 12 mb of space. Send the archive as seperate files and email... Sorry for all the bother!
 Top of the page
tocuyon Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 1:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello everyone, one of my friends gave me a MobilePro 400 that uses WinCE 1. I had been traying to connect it to my desktop computer for weeks, (WIN XP). So finally I found this web site and It was very useful!!! I did it...

But now I need to find out some english definition dictionary that can be able to run on wince1.0. I checked http://ce1stuff.pm0.org/, but nothing happened.
somebody knows is it still available?

any help I would really appreciate, (sorry for my english, as you can see I really need an english Dictionary!

thanks
alberto raggi
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Your english is better than that of somne english people ive met!

I dont think so. Its best just to type up a bunch of words and save it as a file.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12