x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 1.0 and XP

1 2 3 4 5
arthur_felipe
arthur_felipe Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 9:56 PM
#
C:Amie - 2006-08-19 12:32 PM
On XP:
Disconnect your device and kill off HPCEx
Head back into Network Connections, right click Incoming Connections, properties on it
Ensure that on the users tab the anon PDA option is still selected, deselect any user accounts that you have specificed for the connection
Go to the networking tab
Highlight TCP/IP
Hit the properties button
Remove the option to allow the incoming device to specific its own IP address
Specific the IP address range as 192.168.55.101 and 192.168.55.102

I'd like to emphasize this step. I'm running WinXP with SP3, and it allowed my A-11 to talk to my desktop.
Thank you all, guys!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 5:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's nice to see that there are still some CE1 users in this world. I'm glad it worked for you.
 Top of the page
arthur_felipe
arthur_felipe Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 8:33 AM
#
Usually, when I get a new gadget, I try to go through all the ways to make it work as I want. Forums are always a good option to find these ways. =)
Thanks, Chris... Oops, I mean, C:AmIe.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 10:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do I know you?
 Top of the page
arthur_felipe
arthur_felipe Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 12:23 PM
#
Sorry for my joke. In fact, when reading the posts around looking for directions, I found people mentioning this name... I didn't mean to bother you.
I'm pretty used to forums - back in time, I was one of the SuperModders in www.foxgsm.net, which is the largest online community of GSM mobiles in Latin America... That's why I read the posts before asking a question.

And I'm quite sure you don't know me - unless you've ever been to Brazil
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 3:17 AM
#
H/PC Elite

HPC Explorer does not support XP. You are going to have to install the CE 2.0 rom chip into you A-11. Strange but true. HPC Explorer does not support CE 2.0 but an easy way to go is to install ActiveSync 3.8 (the last ActiveSync to support CE 2.0).
If you want to stick to CE 1.0, buy a Compact Flash card of reasonable size ... I use a 4MB card for CAB setup transfer purposes. If your PC has no CF slot in it, get a card reader for the PC.

Hope this cracks the problems.
 Top of the page
arthur_felipe
arthur_felipe Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 4:29 AM
#
But man... I'm using WinXP SP3, and right now my A-11 which runs WinCE 1.0 is connected to it, and they're talking to each other.
I don't care if H/PC Explorer doesn't offer support for WinXP... As long as it works.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 6:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think Patlap has a little more backdated research to do
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-09 10:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmm!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-09 2:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie's point is that this whole thread has been discussion on how H/PC Explorer CAN be made to work in XP. Check the previous pages of this thread.
 Top of the page
_NeoStrider
_NeoStrider Page Icon Posted 2009-02-04 3:49 PM
#
Im back folks! My A-11 misteriously sprang to life again, and even owning a Linux Smartphone (and loving its multimedia features) and being a strong linux user (main laptop, cellphone, EeePC) and owing a shabby PocketPC 2002, I still think the A-11 IS THE BEST ORGANIZER I EVER HAD.

Now, to the point of the topic:
I spent the whole afternoon trying to remember on how to make hpc explorer work again and now I remember what I missed before ( and this might be the problem for someone out there): My internet router doesnt allow me to have it working. I have to unplug the ethernet from my notebook , and TADA! HPC Explorer syncs perfectly.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-02-05 5:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Your router uses 192.168.55.x :S Wow, that's unusual.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 27