x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems with login on NetBSD and my MP780

fob
fob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 7:38 PM
#
I'm sure someone here can help me.

I installed NetBSD 3.0 on my 512 mo CF card and when I boot with the Netbsd-generic kernel it works but when it comes the time to login I enter root and it's always restarting the login process. In fact it doesn't even ask for a password, it skip a line and reask login:. I tried reinstalling about 10 times and it does always the same thing.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 2:36 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Check /etc for the .nologin file, and similar. Remove all of those, and your problem might be fixed. Also, check the /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, and /etc/group files for problems.

Try using the /etc/shadow, passwd, and group files from your pc as a last resort.

Tell me how it goes.
 Top of the page
fob
fob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 7:31 PM
#
But how i can remove these files without login into the os?
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 11:00 PM
#
Sounds like single user mode.

I don't know much, only had my 790 a week.

When I get an AC adapter for my new shiny MP800 I will let you know if I can replicate the issue.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

By accessing the cf card with your pc. You probably have the adapter if you installed netbsd to it. If you don't have Linux on your pc, use a live cd such as knoppix to access the files.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

So, did it work? I am not as familiar with NetBSD as Linux, I very well may have given you a Debian-only fix. For some reason, the Debian startup scripts do not remove the nologin files, even though there is the command to do so in one of the last ones. So I just disabled the entire nologin feature on mine, as no one will try remotely logging into their H/PC before it has finished starting up anyways.

Then again, the Debian arm port is extremely messy. I had to do quite a bit of cleaning up for my distribution (And still do, since programmers seem to like to use different libraries for each program...why can't they just take more time and stick with the standards? I will. )

Wow, I went completely off topic there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8