x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hotjava on wince

swngdncr Page Icon Posted 2004-12-23 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello, I found this information on hacking hotjava to run on a Jornada. I'm not a programmer, and am wondering if someone can clarify these directions. I got as far as getting a JDK program on my desktop, and unpacking the browser.jar file, but I can't quite follow the instructions beyond that. When I unpacked the browser.jar file, it created a "sunw" directory w/three sub folders and a mess of files. So, where do I put the "orientableflowlayout.class" ? There is no "Mainifest. MF file in the unpacked browser.jar, there is only a main.class file. So, I'm not sure what the modifications to the manifest are that he speaks of. If anyone has done this, or is a programmer that can dummy it down for a novice, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to see if I can get HotJava to run on my 720, which the author claims it will. -cj-

"Get the original HotJava Webbrowser from Sun, select the Windows or Solaris version, install it on your Sun or your PC, search the browser.jar (on a windows PC under \programm files\hotjava). Unpack it with jar -xvf (you need an installed JDK to use the jar command at the console prompt), add OrientableFlowLayout.class and modificate the MANIFEST. Pack it in a new jar with jar -mcvf mainClass.txtbrowser2.jar blablabla(all the directories). Transfer it to the wince device, don't forget the properties file below.
With the mentioned modification of the MANIFEST.MF file and a suitable properties ( for JVC MP-C33 [JVC-Victor Interlink MP-C303 this properties file ]) file located in my \Program Files\Java\.hotjava and an additional Class sun/awt/OrientableFlowLayout.class
(put it also into the jar file!) finally hotjava runs on my Jornada 680. Java-applets as far they are consisting of only one class file (not with an archive tag!) will run too! "
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9